Angel Arc Scene 2

(Levy, Taki, Jackson, and Sparrow are walking down a single lane pathway towards their mission. Sparrow sported a bored look while putting both his hands behind his head.)

Sparrow: Remind me again what kind of mission we're going on here?

Levy: We're going over to collect some items.

Sparrow: I don't know, it seems like someone is sending us on a bone catching mission like we're dogs. I'm bored by the sound of that already.

Taki: (Visibly annoyed) Will you suck it up Sparrow?! I don't like this any more than you do but you don't see me bitching about it.

Sparrow: (Snaps) That's cuz you're a square!

Taki: (Confronting Sparrow) What did you say feather-obsessed freak?!

Sparrow: You heard me, featherless loser!

Jackson: (Intervening) Would the both of you cut it out?! We're not even half way there to our destination and you're bickering like little children!

Taki: (Meekly retorts) But he started it!

Levy: Guys, remember why we're doing this. It may be a small mission yes, but the government has specifically chosen us to complete it whereas they could've gone to someone else for this. I look at this as a good chance to prove our value to them. If we do well with this small mission, we could take on more challenging missions by the government. Imagine how much good that will do us. They could let us see inside their building, connect with very important people. Like the doors to new opportunities are endless here.

Taki: Only you could be the one who sees the bright side to the most minimalistic thing, Levy.

Sparrow: Yeah, and besides I don't want to become the government's pet.

Taki: That's rich coming from you, bird man!

Sparrow: (Immediately confrontational) What?

Taki: (Sarcastic) I'm saying you look like a bird, similar to parrots and chicks. The kinds of birds we do keep as pets.

Sparrow: You keep forgetting that I'm still human. I'm just a human with bird-like features, it's literally my power. Never forget that, Takar!

Taki: It's Taki!

Jackson: (Walks over to walk beside Levy) Levy! Do you have any idea what kind of items we're collecting here?

Levy: From what I know, we're supposed to collect disk objects called the Scaradisks. Apparently they're working on a top secret project to build a machine that could protect humanity and preserve peace.

Jackson: A secret project to build something just to keep us safe?

Levy: Yeah. At least that's what Master Marlo told me. He also said that they told him if we help them complete this, we'll be the first in the world to use it.

Jackson: If they're actually going to give it to us to use, then I think we're good, especially if you're the one operating them.

Levy: Me?

Jackson: Yeah. You have a golden heart Levy, and you look after some of us here. I'd trust that weapon in your hands than anyone else's.

Levy: Aww! That's sweet of you to say. But I don't know about using a new weapon. (Unsheathes her sword) This baby has been with me for a very long time. It's my father's treasure and he gave it to me. I can't part with it that easily over another weapon. Maybe if the government likes me enough I can get them to put some upgrades to my weapons, I'd be more happy with that.