Chapter 15: Over the Moon

Tyler's POV

I drifted in and out of conciousness, just barely aware that there was some reason that I was supposed to be waking up. I opened one eye slowly, letting it rest on a small stain on my carpet. I grimaced at it as I attempted to open my other eye, and shifted my gaze slowly toward my window. Why was I supposed to be getting up?

I stared at the seemingly bleak looking weather that was on the other side of the small window; the grey clouds reminding me of the weather back home in Michigan. "Maybe it'll snow for Christmas" I joked silently with myself. 
Christmas.
CHRISTMAS.
SHIT, THIS WAS
CHRISTMAS.

I sat up immediately, rubbing the sleep from my tired eyes as I began to stretch out. I was a little stiff, and I smirked as I stared down adoringly at the reason why. 
Troye was fast asleep; his thick lashes swept against his flushed cheeks, and dark pink, pouty lips, slightly parted. I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss against those perfect lips and he stirred, mumbling quietly as he snuggled into me. I smiled down at the sight of him, giggling softly as I leaned down to kiss him once more. He carefully opened one eye, looking up at me sleepily. 

"Mm, Tilly? What's up?" he whispered, stretching as he did. I ran my fingers through his soft, messy hair, and his features softened as he eased into my touch. 

"It's time to get up, sleepy head." I cooed lovingly as I continued to pull my fingers through his chocolate locks. He groaned loudly, burying his face in my chest. 

"Is it before noon-thirty?" he asked grumpily. I giggled and lightly squeezed his shoulder.

"Yepp. Way before noon-thirty. It's hardly light out." I stated casually. 

"Then no." he replied groggily, pressing his face further into me. 
I rolled away suddenly, leaving his face to fall sharply into the matress. He let out another loud groan, and rolled onto his back before sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"But it's Christmas!" I cheered, clapping my hands together. He looked at me with one eye while continuing to rub the other, and his eyebrows creased together.

"Ty, I don't even celebrate Christmas." he reminded, now more awake than before. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well then, you can watch me open presents." I laughed, jumping out of bed and searching for my sweat pants. I finally found them, half hanging off of my closet door; my sweatshirt was nowhere in sight. I sighed, opting for Troye's TRXYE hoodie instead. 

"You know, you have to stop throwing my clothes around when you take them off." I teased, pulling the fabric over my head. 

"Well if I did that, you'd be dressed faster, wouldn't you?" he chuckled.
I caught him out of the corner of my eye, smirking giddily at me, and as I turned around, he began pulling on plaid pajama pants. I crossed the room toward him and carelessly shoved him forward onto the bed, laughing maniacally as I rushed out of the room. He ran into the living room a few seconds after me, laughing as he did.

"Ty, I'm gonna kill you! I almost ripped my pants!"
When he finally reached me, he parted his lips slightly as if to say something more, but paused when he caught me staring at my cute little tree. He followed my line of vision and stared with me silently for a moment before lightly brushing his fingers against mine.

"You know, it actually is very pretty all lit up with the presents and stuff under it." he admitted softly, leaning closer to press a kiss onto my cheek. I smiled at the feel of his lips on my skin, and let my mind wander for a moment before turning to face him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to the tree, sitting down cross-legged on the carpet in front of it. He sat down with me, smiling sideways at me, and I bit my lip at the sight of him, of how he could be so perfectly beautiful in just pajama pants and an old t-shirt, even after just rolling out of bed. How did he do it?