e p i l o u g e

The story of Elizabeth Ryber, the ghost, the wraith, the shadow. The assassin.

She still haunts the waters, some say. She found her family and lives a peaceful life at her home, under the cover of the rest of her village, whom she also saved, others believe.

No one quite knows for sure.

They only know that Amber turned up dead the following morning, as well as the two spies rumored to have murdered Clancy and Lawrence, both choking to death on a vial of an illegal poison.

So, however much of a fairy tale this may seem, however unlikely, this was how Elizabeth Ryber saved her family. 

How she tricked her old friend, her crew, the enforcement officers, and even herself for a while. How, under the guise of a double agent to the government and a triple agent to the Warehouse, she murdered the man who took the lives of Huxley's parents and sister, even the officer who killed his dog.

How, under a blanket of shining stars and floating on a sea of midnight waters, Elizabeth Ryber fooled the world and then lived happily, forevermore existing in folklore and songs, stories and poems told at campfires.

How she lived. 

And how she may or may not still fight secrets with secrets and trickery with trickery under the guise of a shadow.

Not only how she lived, but how she continues to do so, forever who we all wish to be: an agent to ourselves, never quite knowing whose side you're on until the sun sets and all that's left in the dark is blood dripping off the serrated edge of a dagger. 

and that's the end! do u understand what happened lol i'm worried it's too confusing 

it's rlly short, ik, but if you have any tips or thoughts abt the story plz let me know! 

and most of all, tysm for reading if u got this far 

it means the world to me <33