four

Juliet woke up and sighed as she looked around the room she was in. She was safe. Jasper walked in and sighed. "Juliet, I have something I need to talk to you about." She nodded as she looked at him. "I'm a vampire."

"Oh." She said. "So my mother wasn't lying when she said she met one." Juliet sighed. "The hospital called my cell phone and said that my mother had passed. I guess her suicide worked."

"Its all over." He tells her as he sat down. "Are you scared of me?"

"No." She tells him. "I could never be scared of you."

Jasper smiled as he leaned in and kissed her. Juliet smiled as she kissed him back.
~~~
Carlisle did an EKG to see if he could find out what is wrong with Juliet's heart. Juliet stared at the ceiling as she waited. "Well, Juliet, it seems everything okay, but I don't understand the faint heartbeat you have."

Juliet didn't say a word as she sat up. "What else do you all think is wrong?'

"Your mother had an affair with a vampire when she was sixteen. She married your father when you were two." Carlisle said. "We think that you are one of us, but a human too."

"Like a hybrid."

"Yes."

"Okay, um... that is a lot to take in." Juliet said. "I'm going to go home and think on this some more."

Carlisle nodded as he watched Juliet leave. Jasper walked in not long after and noticed Juliet was gone. "Where did she go?"

"Home." Carlisle said as he looked at him. "Jasper, I think she needs you now more then ever. Hearing that her father wasn't her father and that she is older then she thought..."

"How old was she told she was?"

"16, but I actually think she's 18 or 19." Carlisle tells him. "She may need to look at her birth certificate unless her mother had a fake one made."

Jasper left knowing that Juliet had too much on her mind. He needed to be there for her before she does something she would regret.
~~~
Juliet did go home, but not to Charlie. To the hell hole that caused her nightmares. "Juliet.' She heard Jasper and turned around to look at him. "Why are you here?"

"To find proof of my birth." She said. "Something is not right and I honestly think that I'm not 16 like I thought."

"I'll help you." Jasper tells her.

Juliet grabbed his hand as they walked in and started making their way to her parents old room. They walked in and saw a big mess. "Well, this was something I wasn't expecting." She tells him. "The last time I was here it was cleaned meaning someone broke in after their arrests."

"I still wonder why we didn't see this coming when you were at the hospital. You were covered in so much blood and bruises. Then when you came to school, you look almost healed, but no one said a word." He tells her. "Juliet, do you thirst for anything."

"No." She tells him. "But my food has tasted like blood plenty of times before, but I never really thought of it."

Jasper looked at her and knew what they will be doing. "I think we can say that when the time comes, you will meet your father."

Juliet looked at Jasper and smiled. Right now she wanted to focus on herself and on Jasper. No one else.