Part 9

Continued from the last part...

Laksh who was a bit far away from her, screamed loudly 'raaginiii....'
.
.
Here laksh didn't realize what just happened to him, he got that sudden black-out in front of his eyes for a second, due to fear. He stepped to hold the pole behind him for support closing his eyes, and then opened his eyes to look ahead, his vision almost became clear. Seeing ragini standing all safe and sound, he was relieved. His sweat dripped over his neck, as he feared thinking about the accident, which in reality didn't happen. Abir's accident got picturized in front of his eyes, he still couldn't come out of his thoughts, his heart was still beating faster as he feared of losing her too after abir.

What happened just a second back is ......👇

Ragini who was lost in her thoughts, realized that she was in the middle of the street, only when the flashlight of the vehicle fell on her face. the street wasn't straight and wide enough for the driver to give way to her. Ragini who realized seeing the vehicle opposite her, she immediately stepped to her right, moving out of the path, giving him the way to move. Also the driver too had applied the brakes seeing her.

She was relieved that nothing happened to her. She looked at the car. That person came out of his car, enquired "madam, you are walking in the middle of street, not footpath. If I hadn't noticed, then?! is this the time to roam alone?"

Ragini stammering "wo... sorry....I was just... I didn't realize.."

Laksh by then who composed himself, saw the person speaking to her, he quickly ran near her and held her hand asking "you okay?"

She nods.

That person "why would she be not okay? I had stopped my car on time.. teach your girlfriend to be careful on roads" saying this, that person sat inside the car. Laksh forced a faint smile giving a nod.

After the car left, now laksh looked at ragini and pulled her away from there and took her near his car.
He burst out "where was your focus? that person, thanks to him, he stopped the car. I had asked you to come with me right, couldn't you have waited for me just for a minute?"

Her eyes directed away with upset face.
Laksh "fine you didn't want to come with me, but how could you become this careless??!!!" saying this, he opened his car door, and ordered her "sit inside. I'll drop you home"

She looked away controlling her tears.
He told her again "ragini don't test my patience now. I said sit inside"

Hearing her sniffle, he sighed. he faced aside, his one hand kept on his waist, calmed down himself closing his eyes.. He saw her dull face. He slowly held her hand, and spoke to her gently "I'm sorry, I lost my cool.... I was scared.."

But she jerked his hand aside, "why are you concerned about me?" she asked frustratedly fixing her eyes with his, as his concern annoyed her even more when she is already hurt. His eyes gazed into her eyes which were red and flooded with tears. She asks him again "why don't you give me answer?"
Her tears turned his eyes too moist. He utters "ragu let's go home. sit inside"

She felt like sobbing loudly as she wanted to hear something else from him, but he didn't answer her this time too. And just then she realized what was she trying to ask him, isn't she supposed to let go the past. She removed her gaze from him, leaving out her breath, wiping her tears, calming herself. His eyes directed down, stood silently, unable to meet her eyes, holding back his tears.
She sniffed "I had moved out of the way even before he stopped the car. don't get worried about me unnecessarily"

He saw her, she wiped her tears looking down.

Laksh : still.. you can't walk carefree like that.

She glanced at him, then didn't say anything. He was about to move towards driving side, but he stopped when she held his arm. She asked him in a low voice "abir's how.. did this happen?"