2. The Meetup

Taehyung POV

" why is dad arranging a lunch all of a sudden? Has something urgent come up?" Taehyung sat with a frown because his dad arranged meetings only for urgent situations.
Just then the door to his office opened and Jimin came in with a few files.

"Hey Tae! These are the files that you were asking for."

"Thankyou Jimin and I'm going for lunch with dad. Just take care of the things over here and call me if something comes up."

"Yes sir!!" Jimin playfully saluted Tae. Tae just nodded his head and got out of the building to get into his black BMW i8 hybrid and left to Kookday restaurant  to meet his dad.

Jungkook POV

Jungkook walked into the spacious kitchen on the topmost floor of his hotel to meet his Yoongi hyung.

"Yoongi hyung, dad is having a special meeting here for lunch. Just make something special for them."

" Is that so ? Then I will gift them the best dishes. But what is the occasion?"

"I don't know. He added that he wanted to introduce me to his best friend. You know me well right ? I am not fond of meeting new people. Yet, dad is kind of forcing me. Must be someone important."

" Dont worry lad. Be calm and I can assure you that just one look at your face everyone will fall in love with you.You should stop being self conscious. You are a good person by heart and mind. Don't shy off from new people. It's time for you to make more friends kook."

Jungkook  hums and leaves the kitchen with a smile on his face yet with different thoughts running through his mind.

TIME: 2:30 pm

Kangmin and Jihyun are already waiting at the table. Tae arrives at the restaurant and moves towards the private section.

"Thank God, dad chose a private place or else I would have become the centre of attention for all the people in the hotel. "

He walked towards the table but found someone else sitting opposite to his father.

"Isn't that Mr Jeon? What is dad planning to do ?" Taehyung thought in his mind.

------------

"Tae, there you are. Say Hi to Jihyun. You already know him right?"

" ofcourse. Hello Mr.Jeon. Hope you are doing good and what is this meeting about?"

"Dont be rude Tae. Atleast smile at him. And what is with all this Mr and all. Just call him uncle. I say this to you everytime. He is my bestest friend. Aish! What should I do with this boy?"

"Its is fine Kangminm, let the boy be by himself"

Tae could sense that the old men had planned something. Because they were acting really strange and too sweet.

" So , let's  get to the matter dad. What is this meeting about?"

"Wait son. There is one more person to join us."

"Wow!! So we are waiting for some one who is already late and gives no importance to time." Taehyung murmured yet was audible to everyone at the table.

Suddenly, four waiters and Jungkook came in pushing the cart of food.

"Hello appa. Hope, I didn't make you wait. I was making sure that everything is right and ready. Also enjoy the food please."
Jungkook bowed then asked the waiters to serve the food. Then Jungkook turned to leave the room to give his dad and others privacy.

"Kook! Wait! The fourth seat was booked for you."

" Me ? For what ?"

" First, meet my friend Kangmin and his son Tae. And guys this is my son Jungkook. You may know him as a famous chef who is our President's favourite cook."

"Aishh!! Stop bragging appa. I am not that great"

Jungkook shook his hands with Kangmin and then reached it to Tae, who just ignored the extending hand.

" shaking hands with strangers is not my thing. I shake hands with people from whom I can benefit".

"Tae! What is wrong with your attitude. Show some respect. And what is with all the benefits? Kook is someone important to me." Kangmin huffed.

" I can read people's face easily dad. You know very well I'm good at it. This innocent looking guy gives out negative vibes. The innocence that he is feigning is just a mask."

"You better stop this nonsense tae. I know him more than you do and I know what soul he carries. Lets get back to what we had to discuss today."

Jungkook watched silently the conversation between the duo. Yes, he was hurt. It was rarely that someone said mean words straight to your face. He didn't even want to change his opinion. Mr.Jeon broke the silence.

"So, we are here to talk about your marriage"

"WHAT?!" Both Taehung and Jungkook asked in unison.

"We know  both of you are surprised, but we are taking this step for your own good. This is a decision for your future taken by your dads."

"No. My answer is no and will always be no." Tae said with a hard face, void of emotions.

Kangmin expected this to happen. But, he was not ready to withdraw his plans. "I never asked for anything from you, son. I have always supported you with all your decisions. Dont you think you should fulfill atleast one wish for this old man? Dont you think am worth it?As a dad cant I ask for just one wish from my son?"

"This is called emotional blackmailing dad" Taehyung said with a done face.

"I never take wrong decisions. And you know that very well. Start preparing for your marriage . " kangmin said with a stern face.

Jungkook was still in a trance. It was as if his whole world had stopped, but one look at his appa gave him reassurance. Was he really ready to fall in love with someone who already hates him just in their first meeting ? He knew he could not say no to his father. He was a kind soul and wanted his father to be happy. He knew just like what his Yoongi hyung said, he should make new friends and move forward. Maybe Taehyung must be his starting point. He is not sure about falling in love but atleast he wants to make new friends and have someone close to him.

Kangmin and Jihyun finished their lunch and stood up to leave.

"So, we will declare the dates of your marriage later. Start your preparations. Go on dates and get to know each other. But, for now, sit and talk. And Tae, respect the boy sitting here with you. He is your future. "

-------------

Taekook contents coming up soon.
It's a twisted journey to sew up two broken hearts.
Likes and comments shows your love for the story.
Be safe ! 💜💜💜💜