: Yale

Mary clapped as she watched the tailor taking in pins as he fitted Morgana into her wedding dress. “Oh you look beautiful dear!”

The girl flushed, ducking her head with a pleased smile. “Thank you.” She said softly.

“Don’t you think she looks absolutely stunning Marcus?” She turned to the tailor who was pinning the fabric around Morgana’s waist.

Marcus pinned two pieces together. “Lovely, I’ve always enjoyed dressing you my lady.”

“You’ve always done a wonderful job.” Morgana said kindly sharing a smile with the thin and dried out looking man.

He chuckled pleased sounding as continued to pin various points.

Mary stepped forward cupped the girl’s cheek. “Karac won’t be able to take his eyes off you, not that he can do so now anyways.” She smiled in amusement.

Morgana threw her a look. “I can see what you’re doing. What is it you want your highness?”

Laughing she gave the girl’s cheek a final pat before letting her hand fall away. “I want you to be happy. But if you could convince my son to not to let that dog of his be a part of your wedding I’d appreciate it greatly.”

“He loves Corvus, and I think the collar he’s been making for the wedding is quite lovely really.” The lady remarked coily.

Mary narrowed her eyes playfully. “That beast will be the size of a regular dog by the time wedding comes. I don’t know why they’re considered a noble breed, their coats are rough and untameable.

Laughing lightly Morgana looked at her with twinkling eyes. “I’m afraid I won’t help you with that one. Corvus has been growing on me.”

She sighed accepting defeat. Looking over the dress again she focused on her job for the moment. “I do like the lace, it’s a lovely shade of yellow and the grey front panel works better than I was expecting.”

“You were in favor of it when we were initially discussing it.” Morgana said amused as she held her arms out for the tailor.

Mary waved that off. “Yes well it’s your wedding dress I wasn’t going to overstep. But it really is a lovely combination, I shouldn’t have doubted you dear. I’m sent my knights off to harvest as much holly as they can for the wedding. If we can’t have flowers we can at least have holly.”

“Is that why there have been fewer green clad knights about today?” She asked, definitely amused based off the tone of her voice.

Mary dropped her hands on her hip. “I’m not going to have a wedding between my son and a girl as lovely as you be anything less than beautiful. It’s a celebration for the future.”

“Thank you, for caring that is.” Morgana said softly.

“Of course, you’re going to be my daughter aren’t you? I always wanted a large family you know.” She smiled as she watched the girl turnaround for the tailor. “It wasn’t meant to be, but I wanted it with my whole heart. Now I just have to wait for my children to give me lots of grandchildren.”

Morgana cleared her throat. “I’m not sure that will exactly be something Karac and I can control your majesty.”

“Please, just call me Mary.” She corrected the girl lightly. “And there are plenty of options for encouraging such things. Though I’ll still be pleased with this match even if it is never blessed with children.”

“But you’d prefer us to have them.” Morgana said slowly.

Mary wondered if the girl understood that she was trying to imply neither she, nor anyone in the family would take children that weren’t Karac’s blood as members of their family regardless. “That’s not what matters today, or any day. What matters is what you and Karac want and what fate gives you.”