Chapter 8- The Dinner

Above is a picture of the dining room.

We find the guys sitting at the dining room table with take-out.

"I hope you like Italian. We went to a small restaurant down the street and ordered everything on the menu. We weren't sure what you liked." Liam says.

"I told you I could have cooked when we got home," Noah says.

"Noah, we have been over this. Kinsley has been here all day. Besides, Aspen texted me earlier that she is starving and Kinsley's stomach has been growling non-stop since she got here." Leo says, sounding frustrated.

"It was?" I ask looking over at Aspen.

She simply nods.

"Woah... Who is this." Sage asks getting on the floor and putting his hand out toward Novel.

"This is Novel, she is my emotional support animal, Aspen got her for me."

"Wow, she is beautiful." Oliver says putting his hand out towards her too.

Novel looks like she is basking in the attention.

I take a seat at the dining table. This is the first time that we are eating together at the table; usually we eat in one of the living rooms. Liam grabs the bags from the kitchen counter and follows slowly behind me. I hear dishes clanking, I assume that someone is grabbing plates and forks.

The dining table is one of my favorite parts of the house; okay, who am I kidding I love the whole house. The dining room is something special though. It's like a corner booth in a restaurant. It has a L-shaped table with a huge window. There is a L-shaped booth connected to the window. On the opposite side of the table are chairs; 4 to be exact. It's a bigger table than need be.

Oli comes in carrying the plates, he gives me mine and our eyes meet. He winks at me; just as he does an unfamiliar feeling erupts in the pit of my stomach. Butterflies. Oli is starting to affect me, and that thought alone is scary.

Liam wasn't kidding when he said he ordered everything. I look at the arrangement of food on the table and my stomach growls. I look down embarrassed.

"I told you we should have come back sooner. Kinsley could be pregnant at any moment now and we had left her here to starve." Dr. Leo says.

"I'm fine, honestly, if you were here I wouldn't have eaten anyway. Aspen and I needed to catch up."

As if this was the first time any boy registered that my sister was here. They all looked over at her. Aspen was basically throwing food in her mouth at this point. Cade, in her lab, looked up at his mom in yearning. Aspen had cut up small pieces of meatballs for him, but he still wanted his mom's food. Being a mom means sharing whatever food you have. Cade pulled on Aspen's sleeve repeatedly.

"Momma, pwease?"

Noah looks at this situation and laughs. Liam looks at cade with a strange look in his eyes. Sage simply smiles then goes back to stuffing his face. Eli looks suddenly sad; he will never get to experience that for himself. Oliver shakes his head with a smile and offers to take Cade in his arms.

Aspen hands Oliver Cade and the two of them sit beside me.

I cut up a small piece of hamburger for him on my own plate and helicopter it into his small awaiting mouth.

"Thanks, Auntie Kiz." He says around the food in his mouth. I notice that Aspen has stopped eating and is watching as are the rest of the boys. Sage and Noah look at Cade with a small grin, while Liam is watching me with the same look in his eyes as before when he was looking at Cade.