Prelude

"Please help.....please....anyone....." she wanted to scream. She was gasping for breath. She was looking back and forth every now and then. "Are they still coming behind?" she thought. Pitch black night. Not even a moon to show her a little light and mercy. She stopped four times to feed the baby in the last three hours. She couldn't let the baby cry because that can be fatal. She doesn't even know way she's running. The hilly path and prickly bushes have torn her clothes and her skin from several places. She is bleeding. "I just want to reach the town, I have to find the road" she said to herself. It's been an hour they are not coming behind. Why did they stop chasing her she couldn't understand? She thought of resting somewhere. Her legs were trembling in pain. She felt drowsy and her vision was blurry. "No I can't faint. I can't sleep. I have to protect my baby." she thought. After 30 more minutes she realized the forest is getting thinner gradually. Far away she could now see the glimpse of the road and lights of few vehicles passing by. She started sobbing. Dawn was about to break. It is cold, her body is freezing. She sat down on a rock beneath a huge, thick fig tree. "Yes now we will not die. We will survive together forever". She held her baby firmly upon her chest.