CHAPTER: 7- PLAN A TO Z

The mansion is decked up like a bride. Jessica has not left her daughter's side even for a fraction of seconds. The guests and media all have arrived. Alexander tried to go near his wife and daughter hundred times but Jessica somehow managed to escape. But Jessica had to stand by her husband during the cake cutting ceremony. She was trying hard to wear the mask of cheerfulness on her face all the time.

After a couple of hours later, Jessica went to her room to put her daughter to sleep. She was singing the lullaby which her dad used to sing for her and Ron. She has promised to herself that she will never tell fairy tales to her daughter because they make you dream of a world which does not exist anywhere. For few seconds she could not remove her eyes from the face of her sleeping baby. She looks so adorable. Slowly she rose up from the bed and when she turned around, she freaked out. Alexander was standing at the door.

She said in a whispering tone "what are you doing here Alexander Arthur? Do you remember that night, 10 months back when I asked you not to return to this door again?" Jessica's eyes opened wide with rage.

Alexander too whispered "I remember everything Jessica. Won't you forgive me ever? I know what I have done. The guilt is haunting me every day. If you remember I told you that night after the baby is born we will live happily together ever after. Nobody will come to claim your baby. She's yours, always. It was just a matter of a night which is over now. Now we can give a fresh start to our life. Think about it Jessica."

Tonight Jessica was laughing on the contrary, to that night. She said with sarcasm "HAPPILY EVER AFTER. Sounds very romantic, isn't it Alexander? In last 10 months and even before that, have you ever for once asked yourself that whatever you did is forgivable or not? You may have asked but you didn't get any answer, right? Do you know why? Because according to you, whatever you did is not wrong. Women are born to sacrifice. Your mother did, your wife did, every woman does, and so what's the big deal over here? And what did you say, just a matter of a night? That one night slaughtered me Alex. That one night broke me into pieces, shattered my dreams, and erased every mark of happiness from my life's page."

Alexander felt the sarcasm and anger in Jessica's tone. He was standing with his head down.

Jessica continued "now you will say Jessica I love you. Please come back to me. You said it that night too. You cannot simply wipe the slate clean so easily Alexander. Have you ever thought, how will I face your father? How embarrassing it will be for me? Cinderella had a step mother and two step sisters and in my story, you, my step husband. I have a question. Will you bother to answer?"

Alexander nodded.

"If you loved me then definitely you had trust on me. Isn't it?"

Alexander nodded again.

"Then why did you keep my brother as leverage? Why didn't you let him meet me? Why did you take away my mobile phone?"

"I am not at all waiting for your answer. How far will you go with this lie Alexander and how long? Truth always triumphs. Save your answer for Ron and for my daughter. Sooner or later you will be answerable to them not to me."

"She is my daughter too." Alexander opened his mouth after a long time.

"No she isn't. She's mine and your father's daughter. The truth will never change."

Jessica rushed down the stairs. The guests are waiting for dinner.

Jessica was looking for her brother. "Why didn't Ron arrive yet? He promised me he will come to the party. The party is almost winding up." Jessica thought.