New friends ~ 3

"H-hi I'm Soobin" Soobin said as he extended his hands to accept the smiling boy's handshake. Soobin hesitated a little because he still wasn't fond of them.

Soobin cocked his eyebrows confusingly because Hyuening Kai's hands were not at all cold. They had the normal temperature as humans had.

Hyuening Kai looked puzzled, feeling a little nervous because the elder was still holding his hand.

Soobin realised what he had just done. He pulled his hands back as fast as he could. He bowed embarrassed, mumbling a small "sorry".

"Y-your hands aren't cold, Why?"

"Because I'm alive and they're kinda dead" Hyuening Kai said, shrugging "Did you forget that this school has not only vampires but Werewolves too"

Soobin mouthed an 'o'. He understood that Hyuening Kai was a Werewolf. "Are you an Alpha?" Soobin asked as they started walking side by side. Soobin, sure enough, maintained a decent distance between them. Even if he gained a little confidence he still feared them a lot.

"Oh yes! How did you know?" Hyuening Kai asked, surprised and happy. 

"Oh. I just guessed" Soobin said, rubbing the back of his neck. 

Actually, Soobin was a little more scared. He has read in tales that Alphas are the ones who are more powerful among them and were mean to the ones below them. 'But he seems nice though' Soobin thought.

"Can I ask you the reason why you fainted?" Hyuening Kai asked as he scooted a little closer to Soobin.

'What a random question' Soobin thought and hung his head down nervously.

"You don't need to answer if you're uncomfortable with it. I'm sorry for bringing up that topic" Hyuening Kai said, feeling bad.

"You don't need to be sorry I'm not uncomfortable with it, it's just I'm not a good talker..." Soobin tried to assure the boy that it was okay. "First of all, I'm very shy to be on stage and when sir Namjoon said that this is a school of vampires and werewolves I was so confused. I thought it must be a prank but in front of those many people... It can't be, right? 

Hyuening Kai listened very interestingly as Soobin spoke.

"And when I was convincing myself this was a dream he suddenly looked at me with red eyes and long fangs" Soobin got chills thinking about that scene.

"WHAT!? vampires won't show their red eyes or long fangs unless they're angry or willing to fight! You probably were overthinking and saw things Hyung" Hyuening Kai said shocked.

"I'm sure I saw it... Wait! Why are you sure that I'm older than you? Soobin asked, puzzled.

"If you don't know, you are already a popular student in this school and your height, weight, age and even your love for almond milk is already leaked!" Hyuening said giggling.

"But how? I just came..." Soobin mumbled a little confused. 'That's creepy though' Soobin thought.

"We're not sure if it's true or not. Someone started it and it spread fast. By the way, is it true that you love almond milk as if it's your life?" Hyuening Kai asked teasingly. 

Soobin blushed and laughed lightly and tried to change the subject. "How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen and you're nineteen, right?" Huening Kai said with full confidence.

"Haha nooooo, I'm eighteen?" Soobin said with a smile. He was happy that all his information wasn't leaked correctly. 

Hyuening Kai let out a "Hmph" and smiled lightly, noticing that the other wasn't moving away as he came closer, meaning that he isn't that scared anymore.