Revisiting my Childhood Chums!!

February, 2020 (before I begged and convinced my folks to get the Amazon Fire Stick)

It's a random, boring day. Having nothing to do, I switch on the TV and get started with my then favourite pastime- surfing the channels to find something interesting to watch. As usual, there's nothing of my interest. Sony Max, like always, is playing Sooryavasham. National Geographic is airing the same old documentary on Indian Railways. Star World is showing MasterChef America- it has more 'beeps' than words, with Gordon Ramsay throwing some random contestant's dish into the trash. On Star Plus, a female in a saree (worthy of being worn to a wedding) is 'busy' pouring oil on the stairs. ABP News is trying to accomplish its mission of creating a parallel 'Ekta Kapoor style' news channel, with less news content and more dramatic background music. Music Channels have turned into Reality TV Channels. The advertisements are comparatively more sensible than 85% of the content.

Having successfully wasted 22 minutes, I'm about to switch off the device when an advertisement for some kiddie biscuit is aired. To lure their potential buyers, the company is giving free Chhota Bheem tattoos with their biscuits.

Did someone say Chhota Bheem??? Oh heavens! How could I forget him!? I quickly press '670' on the remote and VIOLA! Chutki throws a laddoo at Bheem! His muscles pop out. He runs towards Daaku Mangal Singh and BAM BAM BAM!!!!! I cheer like I used to as a kid.

Having met Bheem, Raju, Jaggu, Chutki, Kalia and Dholu-Bholu, I bid them goodbye and hop onto Disney to meet the 'blue racoon-like Catto robot'!

I'm just in time for the new episode!! As the title song plays, I sing along-

"Jindagi sawar doon ik nayi bahaar doon, duniya hi badal doon mai to pyara sa chamatkar hoon .........

...... An an an... main hun ik udta robo,

DORAEMON"

Honestly, I loathe Neha Kakkar crying out buckets on Indian Idol, but I can never hate the fountains coming out of Nobita's eyes as he asks for a gadget from Doraemon. As I watch the episode, I'm lost in my thoughts - "When and where can I find a Doraemon!?"

Next, I join Tom and Jerry on their mad chase. Tom runs after Jerry as he drinks all of his milk. Jerry takes the help of Spike the Bulldog to scare Tom. Tom's eyes bulge and pop out. He is smashed flat like a sheet of paper with a plank of wood. Without a doubt, Tom and Jerry is my favourite show, and will always remain so.

My last host of the day is Mr. Bean- the only human with no enemies!! As always, he's warm and welcoming. There is never a dull moment when he's around. As I watch 'Mr. Bean in Room 426' for the millionth time, I laugh exactly like I did the first time I met Bean.

Listening to my creepy laughter, my folks come out to see what I'm up to. They are annoyed for no reason and ask me to shut the 'crap'.

As I bid goodbye to my Childhood Chums with a promise that I'll keep visiting them, my folks look at me in disgust, wondering what kind of kid has been born to them!

Do y'all miss Supandi, Shambu Shikari, Popeye, Mickey Mouse, Scooby-Doo, Ben 10, Powerpuff Girls, Phineas and Ferb, Mowgli, Noddy, Pooh, Ninja Hattodi, Shinchan, Tweety, Pikachu, Bugs Bunny? Do visit them sometimes, they miss you too! They will lift your mood. They were by your side when you were all alone; don't forget them!