Chapter 19: Battle

Chapter 19: Battle

I rose to a squat and pulled Becka up beside me. The machine gun rattled off in the distance. 

"What was that?" Becka asked alarmingly staring at me. 

"I'm not sure..." I muttered. "Everyone okay?"

There were a number of responses, before everyone else met up and we formed a huddle behind the fire.

"Probably the people who shot us down." Flitz said. "Everyone prepare yourselves."

Delilah whipped out her pad and scrawled out a sword. The iron blade appeared in her right hand.

"Do you even know how to use one of those??" Parker asked, sweat beading on his forehead.

"Just slash and stab I think." Delilah said, giving a few practice swings.

Flitz pulled out his sword. "I'll fly up and see if I can see anything. Stay here." He zoomed up into the sky until he was hardly visible.

"Guys... I'm scared..." Michael said, tears forming in his eyes.

"It's gonna be okay." I said, attempting a strong voice and wiping the water out of his eyes. 

He nodded. "Okay." 

Then he turned to Delilah. "Lemme have something to protect myself." 

Delilah smiled then drew out a couple shapes and produced a skinny dagger about the size of my forearm. "Be careful kid."

A few moments later Flitz landed softly in front of us. "Guys. It's not good. There have to be at least twenty of them, about fifty feet away. All armed."

Nicolas swore. "Okay. We're fighting."

As if a response some more shots rang out and bullets whizzed by, missing us by about ten feet.

I gritted my teeth then turned to the others. "We have to take the offensive, I'll lead and disperse any bullets that come our way. Becka, come with. You and I take them by storm, we'll hide in the trees once we get into the forest. Flitz you fly up and fucking rain down slices on them. Everyone else hold onto Jackson and he can teleport you behind them once we have a clear idea of their size. Sound good?"

Jackson nodded. "We'll knock them out of the park."

"Okay stay safe."

Flitz shot back into the sky and Becka and I hid behind the closest tree. I stole a glance. "Let's go."

We darted for about ten seconds to the next tree. 

Bullets whizzed by, they'd seen us.

"You ready?" I asked Becka. 

Her response was to grab my face and kiss me on the face. "Let's fuck 'em up."

We jumped out from behind the tree and a barrage of bullets flew at us. I did my best to destroy them while Becka fired a few balls of yellow energy at them, explosions rising in the crowd.

There was some shouting and swearing.

I looked up to see Flitz making a speedy descent, slashing down on whoever he could. 

Becka and I rushed the crowd of what we could now see were men dressed in dark, gritty clothes. 

"SILENCERS!" Becka shouted over the noise sending  a blast of energy into them, scorching the grass. 

"YEAH!" I agreed, stopping a bullet that almost collided with Becka's stomach. 

Our backup of Jackson and the others appeared behind the 'army' and began hacking and punching them violently and sloppily. The Silencer's broke apart from the group they'd been huddling together in and took on the new threat.