The Magic of Animation

I let my characters soar through the airs, marvelling at the wonderful scenery that spanned out beneath them. They saw mountains with snowy tops and valleys with thick forests and deep blue rivers. My pen made their glider pierce the clouds, I gave them great expressions of joy underneath their yellow goggles as they uncovered the shining truth beyond the gray blanket of the skies. They were free within my little imaginary world, above all of their possible worries. I let my hand guide them down to the nearest mountain plateau, landing them gracefully upon the stone ground. I took a small break here, opening the nearest chocolate bar and quickly consuming it, while I pondered on my heroes' next actions.

I took back up the pen in my hand, and turned their gazes skyward, with awe and adrenaline flowing through their veins. They looked at eachother, grinning. They gave themselves a clap on the shoulder and that special handshake of my childhood.

I made them feel hungry, so they jumped off the cliff, only to be swept back up by warm currents of air as they headed for their home. Following the metal compass my pen drew in one of their hands, the two figures flew back over the creeks and tall pine trees; green hills and large plains of grass, all vibrant with the colour I gave my world's nature.

They glided in a relaxed state, back to where the dream of flight I had fostered in them had begun. They came down to the village landing stretch, their legs reaching out toward the ground. I drew them running with the left-over velocity of the flight, their boots striking the ground in quick succession, almost as if their legs were two wheels with shoes. I let them slow down and lay aside their yellow kite. I drew them standing there for a few frames, their gazes fixed on the distant things they had seen in their flight. At this point I decided to reveal more about their features; the two girls took off their helmets, one revealing long curly dark brown hair, while the other one had a short light brown cut. They took off their red and blue jumpsuits, and with their helmet tied to their shoulder straps, and the glider carried between them, they walked back to the small cabin with the wood log walls. They stood the kite up against the wall, as if always ready to go on their next adventure.

I gave the cabin a cozy feel, with one of those nice stone fireplaces one so often sees in hotel advertisements. I drew a stove, and the metal kettle the long-haired girl used to put on some water for boiling, while her companion flopped down on the mattraces. I made steam rush out the kettle spout, probably emitting that so very familiar whistle, if I were able to add sounds to paper. I drew the long-haired girl getting out two mugs and pouring two cups of tea, setting them down to wait while she gazed out the window and into the skies.

My pen gave back life to the girl with light brown hair, suddenly making her grab the other girl's arm, jumpsuits in her other hand, and a gigantic smile on her face. I got her to tug her companion back outside and they ventured once more that day into the endless blue and white skies on their yellow kite.