Chapter 16

Y/N's POV

The festival is just around the corner, everyone was preparing for the festival.

Everybody has managed to band together, even the student council President and Vice President are working like crazy to make the best school festival possible.

Our class decided to host a wrestling match.

In my opinion this isn't so bad.

TIMESKIP

"Another exhausting day..." Jennie said "I agree." I replied.

"Hey, do I smell sweaty? You think I'll be okay without a shower?" She asked.

"Hmm? Ohhhh, you're having a dinner with your dad." I said

And then she elbowed right into my face.

"Answer the question, idiot!" She replied.

"Th-That hurt..But no, you don't stink." I replied.

"How should I put this...hmm your dad's trying really hard. Despite his busy work schedule, he's making time to pick you up every night, and takes you out for dinner." I explained.

"It's not nearly enough to make me forget what he's done...But I guess...he knows some good places, so I might as well humor him for a bit." Jennie replied.

I was just staring at her "What is it?" She said annoyed while staring at me.

"I didn't even say anything!" I said startled.

And then we saw her dad's car parked near her house.

"That's-" I said.

"Jeez...He's early, I won't have time to change." She said.

"That's your dad's car, right?" I asked.

"You better not be thinking that I'm getting excited!" She said as I was startled again.

"I'm not! I swear!" I replied "Go on, he's waiting for you." I continued.

She went to her dad and I just have the biggest sigh of relief but I'm happy for Jennie, she is getting closer to her dad day by day.

Her dad's really been trying hard. Desperate, I'm sure, to make up for lost time and regain her trust. But he's not the only one making an effort.

Jennie's also...trying her best to respond to his feelings.

TIMESKIP

It was night time and I'm memorizing this script for a wrestling match that my class decided.

When suddenly my phone got a notification

1 Message
From The Princess

Princess: About the School Festival...I have a favor to ask...

TIMESKIP

"Go on." I said encouraging Jennie and she just groans "But asking Sana for a favor makes me feel dirty." She replied.

"Just suck it up-" and she elbowed me on the face again.

"What are you smiling about, creep?" She asked as I groaned in pain.

"Be nice to Sana...your dad said he's coming to watch, right? Just get it over with." I replied.