Training

After making sure Kugutsu was well fed, Chizome took his son to a secure warehouse, it had a bed, a small fridge, and a large area that looked to be a gym as it was filled with weights.

Kugutsu, bathed, rested, and full looked at his father and asked "What's this father ?" This caused Chizome to look back at his son and say "you said you wanted to become a hero didn't you

Kugutsu, bathed, rested, and full looked at his father and asked "What's this father ?" This caused Chizome to look back at his son and say "you said you wanted to become a hero didn't you." Chizome said rhetorically, "Well if you're going to be a pro you can't just go around hoping you'll get lucky, you'll need training, and with a quirk like yours that doesn't boost you physically as most quirks do, you can't afford to over-rely on your powers." He said wisely.

"Listen up boy, if you want to be a hero as you said, then that path is going to be filled with blood sweat, and tears before you even reach the starting line, understand!?!" Chizome exclaims.

Kugutsu took in his father's words as he continued to survey his new 'home' and finally understood what his father meant. This place was to be his training ground, a place where he would hone his skills and he wouldn't stop until he reached his goal. He looked at his father and said "Bring it, old man, I can take whatever you can give." Causing his father to smirk.

"Very well then boy, get ready for a hell worse than death." Said Chizome ominously.

The first thing Chizome had Kugutsu doing was running laps around the warehouse, he was supposed to run until he was throwing up his breakfast, and that was just the morning warmup. Afterward, he did push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, and just about any kind of basic exercise you can think of only it was several times more difficult. Oh, sure Chizome still had Kugutsu eat plenty of food so that it doesn't become counterproductive and he ends up burning more energy than he has.

But still, that didn't mean that it was easy. The point of this was that Kugutsu was too skinny and frail and he needed to build up his muscles and stamina to be more prepared for the more advanced training that Chizome planned for his son.

After 4 months of building Kugutsu's muscles and stamina, it was time to move up to the second part of the training. Weights. Kugutsu would begin to work with every type of heavyweight in the warehouse and he would purposely choose weights that were heavier for him. As Kugutsu saw it, he wasn't struggling, he wasn't improving. Improving the muscles in both his upper and lower body to a level that would satisfy his father took 2 years, by which point Kugutsu turned 7.

Afterward, Chizome decided it was finally time to learn how to use blades and how to fight against foes that will most certainly be stronger than him. When Kugutsu asked "Why", Chizome replied by saying "While our quirks are potentially dangerous to our opponents they require us to consume blood. We can't rely on our quirks all the time boy, which is why I'll be teaching you how to fight quirkless and how to use bladed weaponry."

After Kugutsu learned this, first they began experimenting with his quirk. To begin with they discovered that, like Chizome, Kugutsu also had a time limit based on the blood type he consumed. no they learned that Kugutsu didn't need to verbally command those under his control, he could control them mentally. They also learned that while Kugutsu couldn't make people talk, he could force them to use their quirks. A truly versatile power, if used correctly.

Whilst they were beginning to understand Kugutsu's quirk, Chizome began training him in blades. Something which Kugutsu was a prodigy at, which while Chizome would never say out loud, would fill him with pride. But it was almost time, his son was 12 years old now and there wasn't much more he could teach him. Soon he would have to go back to being the Hero Killer, thankfully he already had a plan for that.

1 week later

Kugutsu stared at his father with resignation. Just a while ago his father had explained that his training was complete and that he would be leaving him with a trusted ally. As stayed waiting on the roof with his father, they both tensed when they heard a voice.

"Been a while, Stain." Said a gruff voice from behind them.

His father said, "Indeed it has." As he turned around.

"Knuckleduster."