🚌 Rear-View Mirror 🚌

You were woken up by the sound of an alarm clock ringing, followed by the metal clanging of a frying pan, followed by a familiar voice that cried, "We're going on a vacation!"

You opened your crusty eyes to find Papi all happy and gay, skipping into your tent like an ecstatic child. "Y/N, wake up!" He clapped his hands. "I found a beautiful beach just a few miles away. I figured we could spend a couple of days there, you know, recharge our bodies and relax. When was the last time we went on a vacation? Do you by any chance remember?" He bent down to meet your eyes. He was really excited for some reason. "Y/N?"

"Uh...no." You shook your head, trying to adjust your vision to the morning sunlight. "God, it's really bright out there...do you mind closing the flap of the tent?" 

All of a sudden, Popee came marching in with a puzzled look on his rosy face. "Papi, did you say we were going on a vacation?" he yawned. Then he turned to face you. "Oh, g'morning, Y/N."

"G'morning." You nodded.

"Yep, I've planned a vacation for us," Papi announced, clapping his son's back. "We're going to the beach!"

"Oh," Popee flushed, glancing at you. "Th-The beach?" 

"That's what I said." Papi nodded. "So pack your swimming trunks 'cause I've got the van ready outside." He checked his watch. "Y/N, get out of bed, you've got half an hour."

Jesus Christ, you thought. Why is everything happening so quickly?

"KEDAMONO!!" Papi yelled, striding out of your tent. "Keda, are you up!? We're going to the beach!!"

Popee shot another shy glance at you before following his father outside. Lewd images of him shirtless suddenly whizzed through your mind.

Oh God, you thought. Calm down, calm down.

You got up from your bed and started to pack your clothes and other essentials into a single duffel bag. All the while, you were trying your best not to think of Popee shirtless...or possibly nude.

You had harbored feelings for him for quite some time now, but you were simply far too afraid to admit it. What would he think? What would he say? You shook your head and tried to suppress these hopeless thoughts as best as you could, but to no avail. 

Once you were finished packing up, you made your way to Papi's van, which largely resembled a Volkswagen hippie van, with the matching flowers and rosary beads and psychedelic patterns and all. Popee hopped in first; he chose to sit in the second row, and upon catching sight of you, he patted his hand on the empty spot beside him. 

"Hey, Y/N, you can sit with me!" he called out to you eagerly. 

But before you were able to step forward and make your move, Kedamono suddenly came hurtling in like a racehorse with no direction. He climbed in beside Popee, much to the latter's agitation, and the expression on his mask changed from anxious to happy. 

"Keda!" Popee snapped at him. "Go sit in the back!"

"Oh, no, no, it's fine," You waved your hands politely. "I'll sit in the back. Keda, you just stay there and make yourself comfortable."

Masking your disappointment, you climbed into the very back of the van, sat down, and leaned against your duffel bag. Papi started the ignition, and the vehicle started rolling forward in a steady speed. All the while, Popee couldn't help but shoot momentary glances at you through the rear-view mirror.