2. How It Began.

"Mia! Are you going to stay in bed all day?" A female voice said as she opened the door.
It was Ava, her 25-year-old elder sister who was just a year older than her. She was on a long, red towel, ready for a bath.

Mia opened her eyes slowly and yawned. She then stretched her body.

"You were so happy yesterday when you heard about your employment and now you look like you wanna be late-"

"Geez!! What's the time?" Mia snapped.

"Find out yourself sweetie. Remember the shoot I told you about with Tom Hudson, that popular actor...it's today!!!" Ava replied, grinning from ear to ear as she adjusted her towel which hugged her body loosely.

Ava was an actress. She was beautiful smart, funny, intelligent, and caring though she could be very annoying.

"Just what is my business with that? I'm late to work, Ava." Mia cursed under her breath.

"Late to work? funny. You just got the job yesterday and you're sounding like someone that has been in the job for decades. You never cease to amaze me."

"Just..... leave me. I have to go and save lives. My patients would be waiting." Mia scowled. She undressed and walked to the bathroom.

Ava laughed.
"Your patients? They don't even know you exist yet."

"It's enough ma'am. Go prepare for your Tom Hudson or whatever he is called." Mia barked from the bathroom.

"Someone's jealous. Should I get you his contact?"

Mia didn't reply.

Ava smiled and applied cream on her body.

Mia and Ava were the only children of their parents, well......that they were told about.
They grew up to learn that their parents dropped them in an orphanage when they were both very young because they couldn't afford to take care of them.

Mia was the soft type. She always yearned for them and wished they lived together like other families but Ava was different. She vowed that even if they came back, she'll never forgive them.

When Mia was five years and Ava was six, a middle-aged woman whom they fondly called Aunt Perera took them in and nurtured them. She never told them about her husband or children.

She sponsored them to school and took care of them.

Unfortunately, Aunt Perera left on the day of Mia's convocation. She dropped a farewell letter and a huge sum of money for them. When they tried calling her,
"This number doesn't exist." Was what they got.

Though stubborn and annoying, Ava was a kind-hearted sister and bond between them was inseparable.

Mia was out of the bathroom. Water drilled from her long, curly, dark-brown hair.

"This cloth looks good for a Day 1 right, sis?" She asked, showing a pink sleeveless gown.

"You aren't wearing that Mia." Ava snorted.

"Why can't I?"

"It's too flashy."

"Flashy? it's white and I'll still wear my white coat on it."

"More reason you shouldn't wear it. You'll still wear something on it."

"So what should I wear?"

"Wear something else."

"Something else like?"

"Anything.....just make sure it's simple. You can't go to your first day at work looking like someone going for a fashion show. A hospital is a place where you have to be running up and down. Are you sure you can run in that big dress?"

"Alright, ma'am. Our able fashion ambassador. Mia replied as she continued hunting for clothes.

Mia had a bad sense of dressing and it's been Ava all the way.

After about three minutes of searching, Mia finally brought out a blue T-shirt with a pair of black jeans trousers.

"That's better. Be quick, It's now ten minutes to seven."

Mia nodded and dressed up. She applied a little makeup on her face. She then carried her bag.

"What about food?"

"Oh.. I'll eat there. They should have a restaurant or something. I can't be carrying food to work on my first day."

"Suit yourself, dear. Have a nice day. Ava muttered.

"Thanks, sis. Don't forget to collect that Celebrity's number." Mia said. They burst into laughter.

TMC was like a 25-minutes journey from their house so Mia quickly boarded a Cab.

"TMC," she said to the driver.

"You mean Torac?"

"Torac Medical Center! Yeah!"

"Alright, ma'am." An old man with grey beards replied as he ignited the engines.
He was faster than she expected and she was glad.

She finally got to her destination and paid him. She then stood outside the enormous building with 15 floors and looked up.

"So this is going to be my workplace from now? This is so exciting!!!"

Thanks for reading.
The next chapter will be out soon.👻