11. Meeting Cade's Dad.

Cade quietly walked out of the ward. He needed some air.

Mia and Leo also left as some Doctors came to move the body for an autopsy.

Cade entered his office and sat. Different thoughts filled his mind. The woman who just died, His wedding coming up soon with a lady whom he just met, His Ex-girlfriend whom he was forced to break up with now working at the same place as him.

He was depressed. He knew it. He hasn't felt like this for a long while.

"Yo bro!"

Chloe's sudden appearance drifted him away from his thoughts. He didn't know when she entered.

"You told me to always knock before entering. I knocked and there was no reply. I had no choice but to enter. How are you?" She asked, stroking his curly hair with her index finger.

"I'm not in the mood, Chloe." His thick, calm voice replied coldly.

"I'm not here to disturb too. I heard your patient died."

"So?"

"So? I'm here to comfort you."

Cade suddenly thought of something.

"Chloe?" He called.

"Hmm?"

"You still see thriller and crime movies?"

"Sure."

"Be useful for this once, share your ideas."
He pulled her closer to him.

"According to the little you've learned from those movies, who do you think could do this?" He muttered.

"The killer is either after the woman..... Or you. Chloe replied, sounding serious for the first time.

"Me?"

"I don't know, but in most cases, it is usually so. In a Hospital, to get to you, they kill your patients."

Cade thought widely.
What could I have done to make someone after me?
I can't hurt a soul!

"Who brought the woman though?" Chloe asked.

"He told me he was her son....." He swallowed and continued.

"But now, it's obvious he isn't."

"I'm happy you realized that yourself. It's not just your job and sleep always. You need to learn more about other things, experience has always been the best teacher." Chloe explained, dropping her bag on his table.

"This is a bad experience."

"It should, so you'll be prepared for next time."

"There would never be a next time, Chloe, don't talk like that."

"Alright, alright, she raised her hands. I was joking anyway. By the way, dad should be here soon. He stopped to see a friend outside."

"Dad is coming here?"

"I am here." Prof Williams replied as he entered.

Oh my.

"Dad, he seems depressed but he's the strong type," Chloe said.

Good afternoon, Dad. Cade greeted.

"I heard you lost a patient."

Cade nodded.

After closing the door, Prof. Williams walked towards his son and patted him.

I hope you're set for the meeting?" He asked, adjusting his blue suede blazers.