1. How You Meet Him

'I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.'

                                                                                   ~Edgar Allen Poe

Edited: 06/09/2020 - 09/24/2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Slenderman:

 It was around 5 pm and you had just left your workplace. You were heading home through a short cut, in the forest. The forest had a calming, yet eerie atmosphere.

The way the sun peaked past through the bark and the steady wind that blew through the branches, making them dance. 

You were alone on this path, which you didn't mind. However, there was a feeling that didn't sit right with you. You felt like you were being...watched. Paranoia settled in from the back of your mind and you began to pick up the pace.

Then, something caught your eye. A page was pinned on a tree with a scribbled circle and an X through it. You thought better than to pick up the odd drawing and continued to walk away, more alert of your surroundings. 

The forest no longer felt safe. It felt dark and dangerous. Just then, you heard a twig snap behind you and your ears began to ring static. Your heart sunk, frozen in place. Slowly turning around, there...it stood.

He or 'it' is what it appears to be wearing a dark suit and was at least nearly 8ft tall. But what made your eyes widen in pure horror was his blank, featureless face. You couldn't scream. You couldn't move. For a moment, you forgot to breathe. 

"Didn't like my drawings, did you?"  He spoke, sounding a bit offended, but amused at the same time. He could speak! How he could speak is a mystery on its own. His voice was low with an accent and it sounded so soothing.

Finally, you found your voice. "Y-you can t-talk?" You practically squeaked as you whispered. He let out a low chuckle. "Indeed. I've noticed you coming here from time to time. But surprisingly, you didn't want to play my little game."  He turned his head to look at the page you found earlier. 

Immediately, you understood what he meant. He wanted to play cat and mouse before killing you. Tears began to build up, but you tried your hardest to hold them back. He took notice as his non-existent brows furrowed in...concern?

"Oh Y/n, don't fret. I won't harm you. Although, I would like to see you again soon." Before you could answer, he disappeared with a blink of an eye. You quickly went home and had trouble processing the encounter. 

'How did he know my name?' you thought. The sound of his deep, calming voice and his blank features was all that you thought about that night.

~~~~~~

Jeff The Killer:

It was yet, another stressful day for you. You had come home from an 8-hour shift at work and you had remembered that laundry needed to be done. You brought the laundry basket up to your bedroom and placed it on your bed. 

The evening was peaceful. You were listening to Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult blasting from your phone while folding your clothes. Halfway through, your eyes began to wander. The open window caught your attention. 'Strange,' you thought, 'I don't usually open my window...'