<9>

"Sharon?"

"Karen."

"Yeah - well I'm going by Carina now, but yeah..."

"I saw the others - figured if Bucky was here you wouldn't be far away."

Well she had a point there, and she wasn't wrong... "Oh - what are you  doing here?"

"I live here."

"Really?"

"Yeah, this became my home after I busted my ass helping Cap out after the Accords."

The Avengers on Cap's side had lost touch with Sharon after going on the run. "How did you end up all the way out here?"

"Criminal sanctuary seemed like a good hideout for a runaway." 

"You've been here this whole time?"

"Most of it. Come on, we should move - we've got bounty hunters on the run." Sharon's phone chimed and she paused to  look at it.  "Hmm-" She turned the screen towards Carina.  "I thought he didn't do that anymore." 

It was a video of Bucky filmed on someone's phone, Sam and Zemo in the background, Bucky viciously taking down a bunch of guards. She recalled Zemo's words from back on the jet. "...We will have to remain in character. James, you must become someone who you claim is gone..." "He doesn't."

"Come on." Sharon pocketed her phone.  "Let's go - follow me."

-------------------------------------

"It seems you have a guardian angel," remarked Zemo as they fled, the bounty hunters dropping around them. 

"Or a wife and friend." Carina emerged, electric batons in hand. 

"Well this is too perfect." Sharon emerged from the shadows behind her, gun pointed directly at Zemo. "Drop it Zemo."

Zemo complied and set his gun on the ground.

"Sharon?" cried Bucky.

But her focus was on Zemo. She approached him, gun still raised, and kicked Zemo's gun away and out of reach.  "You cost me everything."

"Sharon wait!" cried Sam.  "Someone recreated the super soldier serum and Zemo had a lead."

"That explains why you guys are here," Sharon amended.  "And why Selby's dead."

"Selby? Isn't that who you were meeting with?" asked Carina. "You killed her?!

"Not us."

"So what are you doing here?" Bucky asked Sharon.

"I stole Steve's shield, remember? I also took the wings for your ass so that you could save his ass from his ass." She pointed to each of the respective men with her gun as she spoke, showing no sign of lowering it, not just yet anyway. "Unlike you I didn't have the Avengers to back me up so now here I am,  off the grid in Madripoor."

"Hey don't blow that smoke at me, we were on the run too," Sam said, gesturing to himself and Carina. 

"Was, is, big difference. I don't speak to my family anymore. I can't. My own father doesn't know where I am, even if I'm alive."

"Listen, Sharon, we need your help, please," Bucky told her.

She just scoffed, half scoff, half-chuckle.  "This isn't over. I have a place in High Town - you should be safe there for a while." 

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well," Sam remarked as they entered her apartment.

"Well at some point I thought if I had to hustle, might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler. You know how much I can get for a real Monet?"