Letter#5

Dear life,

Do I even have the right to call you ‘dear’? You’re mysterious. You’re creepy and yet I am blessed to have you. You know the reason- why I’m calling you a blessing, right?

February, the month of my birth started quite unusually this time. I wasn’t very excited because my birthday was coming up. I had no hopes, no expectations and I felt strange. I felt a bit upset too, Allah knows why. I didn’t have any clue to my lost happiness. I thought about it at late nights and got my answer. But, I was hesitant to put it up in front of any one. Two reasons. I found two reasons behind my darkness. Firstly, this was going to be my first birthday without dado and secondly- I just wanted the time to stop. I didn’t want to grow up anymore. I thought I have had enough. I laughed bitterly once I had discovered what was going in the back of my mind. That was extremely childish, stopping or freezing time. Why on Earth did a thought like that cross my mind? Seriously, I had no idea. The first two weeks of february passed quietly, slowly and busily too. I had lots of tests and assignments at university that gripped me tightly, not letting my mind go astray.  I felt thankful for not having the time to stay up till late and be sulky. Then, there were friends who made me laugh no matter what and I felt blessed to have them too.

It was 16th february and I was busy making an important assignment when my phone beeped telling me that the batch 2014-2018 of media studies was having their group photo in university the next day and I had to dress properly for that. As usual, I groaned because applying make up or saying “Oh god! My skin tone has darkened” has never been my thing. I am happy for who I am. I neither judge nor like to be judged. Reaching college the next morning, I felt that my friends were behaving strangely. There was something fishy going through their evil minds. I ignored, focusing on the lecture whlie they kept discussing something secretly. After the class, I was almost forced to go and prepare for my pakistan studies test with only one of my friends accompanying me and the rest of them disappeared in different directions. I felt relieved to some extent because I really wanted to study and if all the devils came along, I wouldn’t have gotten a chance to do so. My friend and I had finished learning when she received a call. We stood up and she signalled me to follow her. I stood up with questioning eyes and she replied with a ‘stay calm and let’s go’ gesture. We reached the secret little corner at the third floor of our university. There they stood- all of them, shouting and clapping loudly:

“Happy birthday to you. Happppy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear shezaaaaa. Happppy birthday to you.”

It was followed by a quick snow spray splash on my face and I was all messy. My emotions had almost frozen. It took me a while to realize what had actually happened. I grinned, laughed hard and I think I had never laughed like that before. Never.  I saw two cakes placed carefully and there they were pushing me forward and helping me to get out of the shock and cut the cake. I did as they desired and I felt blessed, contented and special. Then, they applied the cake on my face, considering it their special duty. I didn’t protest. I wanted to live that moment. I captured the memories in my mind as well as my mobile phone and I bet the ones in my mind are more vivid than any of those photographs. Then, we had lunch that they had already ordered from KFC. It was one of the best days of my life.

The next day; 18th February 2015, I had started receiving birthday greetings in advance. I felt like being in heaven. Then, there was that birthday wishes bundle at 12:00 on 19th February 2015. I had been preparing for another test forcefully when my phone beeped without stopping and I had to put my book aside and reply to messages. They were over-flowing. Facebook, whatsapp and wattpad- everywhere I was being greeted. It was amazing and I wasn’t expecting anything like that. My friends enjoyed the treat that day as they surely deserved it. I returned late  and met some huge surprises at home too. I was welcomed with a poem and a short movie from my youngest brother Jawad, a melodious birthday song by grand pa, a yummy dinner by mom, a cute monkey greeting card by dad and Hassan- well he had been a bit way too clever. One of my closest wattpad friends hafsa @1137xyz and him @Hsn_25 had created a birthday book for me, containing wishes from all my close wattpad friends. Hassan stood holding a  card titled:

“I hate you, beastie!”

And when I opened it, this is how it continued:

“…not even in your dreams!”

My eyes shone and I couldn’t do anything but smile. I suck up at expressing my joy at extreme levels, unfortunately. I wish I could run and give him a bear hug but no- I stood still. He wanted me to open wattpad and when I did it was Ta-Da! A whole book floated infront of my eyes which had been prepared specially for me. All great friends had contributed in one way or the other and I felt exactly the same as birthday party’s day. I opened the book eagerly and there they were- all people whom I adored, respected and who’ve been my source of inspiration on wattpad. @shinysmiles , one of my very first wattpad friends, @OwainGlyn , The person who had been there for me from the very beginning, @seasofme , the greatest lady of wattpad whose works make me speechless, @JJWest , whose comments and support warm my heart no matter how bad I’m feeling, @think_done , my one and only and very special friend from pakistan, @geminigirll the peppy girl I’ve met recently and who’s impressed me in a short time and @millenialsmonologue well- I was totally surprised to see that generous lady. I’d been planning to read her book because she’d been on my page and she’d enjoyed my works. Not to forget my special friends from India, @aabhie the sweetest, peppiest and loveliest person, @LakshyaKhare my ultimate source of inspiration, motivation and a very wise special friend and @1137xyz my closest and best friend, my great sister. How can I forget the greetings by @openadoor34 , @BillTemple1957, @sweetisme@Andrea_Samuel and another special and sincere  friend too. I was being treated as a very important person and I wondered what I had done to receive such a special treatment. Honestly, my feelings that day were inexplicable. Wattpad really plays an important role in my life, writing is my power and my friends here are my precious pearls.

All praise to Allah Almighty for blessing me in every way even when I don’t even consider myself worthy of a treatment like this. I’m just an ordinary being with simple hopes and goals but My Lord has always given me more than I deserve and greater than I wish for.

I promise to hold on and be brave. I promise to be stronger with every passing day. I promise to smile and make people smile too. I won’t give you up so easily now, my life. You’re precious, you’re special and you’re mine. Mine forever.

Yours truthfully,

Sheza.

 ----------------------------------

Author's note: I hope you guys will enjoy this.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRIGHTENING MY LIFE. ♥

23rd Feb. 2015