Letter#2

Dear aitzaz,

Why do I hold you dear to my heart without even properly knowing who you are? I know you. That is all, I can say. How can I not know about my nation’s hero? It was your first death anniversary the day before yesterday and when I thought that one year has passed- I got astonished.

It seems like yesterday when I heard the news that a 15 year old student Aitzaz Hassan saved his school in Hangu from a deathly suicide attack by becoming a stony hurdle in the bomber’s way and sacrificing his life. The news hit me hard. I imagined myself in your state and the amount of courage it would’ve taken to block a bloody suicide bomber’s way, knowing that he was wearing a suicide jacket full of explosives and nut bolts.

How did you manage to stop him? How did you gather up all the bravery to give up your life. Lovely life? Life- one holds dear more than every thing else? How did you convince yourself to leave your family like that?

I wish I could meet you in person and ask all these questions. But, hopefully this will reach you through the shiny gates of heaven where you’re sitting and smiling victoriously.

This nation hasn’t forgotten you and will never be able to. Your valuable blood has  brought the nation hand in hand. It has spread awareness. It has sent a clear message to the entire world. Message of peace. Message of bravery. Message of truthfulness.

I’m proud to be born in this country. I’m proud to be a part of this brave nation and I salute you for your courageous act.

P.S: I wanted to say so much more but I’m unable to find appropriate words. I just pray you’re at a high rank in jannah. Ameen.

--------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Another letter- this time it is for my nation's hero Aitzaz hassan, a student who sacrificed his precious life on 6th Jan. 2014 to save his school from a horrific suicide attack. 

7th Jan. 2014