~ Twelve ~

The last bell rings and Taehyung has never been happier. He has just spent the entirety of Spanish period feeling Jungkook's eyes on him from the other side of the class; nothing new, but this time it was different.

He didn't mock him or make funny faces as usual. Jungkook just stared and Taehyung didn't know what to make of his facial expression. His brows were furrowed his jaw was clenched, but Taehyung could also sense a bit of something else in his eyes. Was it pain? Was it jealousy? He doesn't know, but he slowly packs his stuff as the rest of the class dashes out, trying to fade into the background as much as possible.

Things don't go as planned.

As Taehyung is packing his books in his bag, he can feel a presence slowly creeping closer towards him. He knows exactly who that is.

"What do you think you're doing, hm?" Jungkook says as he reaches his table.

Taehyung gulps, afraid of looking up at the angrier boy in front of his desk. His heart feels like it will jump out of his chest at any minute. "I-I d-don't know what you mean exactly..." he stammers, still rummaging through his bag to avoid eye contact.

Taehyung is startled by a loud bang as Jungkook forcefully punches the other's table. "Look at me when I'm talking to you, goddammit!" Jungkook yells, the other visibly flinching.

Taehyung slowly lifts his eyes to meet Jungkook's furious, dark ones. A mistake.

He barely has time to back away when he sees Jungkook's fist flying towards his face. His harsh knuckles meet his eye and he winces in pain, tears threatening to fall from his eyes, but he tries to stay strong.

"Who do you think you are, taking Y/N all to yourself?" Jungkook pulls Taehyung up from his chair by his shirt collar, only to push him back down. Taehyung grunts as he feels the pain flow throughout his whole body.

"Look at you, you can't even defend yourself," Jungkook leans down to look him in the eyes. He smirks as he notices the shimmer in Taehyung's eyes, a tear making its way down his cheek when the smaller boy blinks. Taehyung could feel his breath on his nose. "Pathetic."

He knocks Taehyung's juice box off his desk, some of it spilling on the floor in the process.

"Y/N will realise someday that you're a weak bitch. She will leave you alone just like everyone else does," he turns back to his own desk and grabs his bag, heading out of the classroom. He turns back and gives Taehyung a last glare. "Learn your place."

***

You curse your math teacher for dismissing you 10 minutes after the final bell as you to rush to Taehyung's class. You had promised to meet him there so you can head home together.

You slightly frown as you turn into the hallway, not seeing him waiting outside as usual. Maybe he went to the bathroom quickly?

Upon reaching his classroom door, you can hear something coming from inside, and you're sure it's someone's muffled cries. You peek inside and notice Taehyung sitting on the floor with his knees up to his chest, sobbing as quietly as he can into his hands.

"Taehyung!" you rush over to him, crouching down on the floor next to him. "What happened?"

The crying does not stop, and you can feel your heart drop with every whimper that escapes the boy's trembling lips. You gently pull his wrists down, detaching his hands from his face, immediately gasping in shock. His eye is bruised and swollen, and he seems to be in a lot of pain.

"Tae... how- who did this?" you get no response, so you help him up and quickly make your home.

***