5

That night everything was going well. Han, I, Ray and Andre spent the night eating, drinking, chatting and mocking each other. I looked at my watch, it's two in the morning. I looked at Ray, she was chatting with Han. I got up from my chair and went to them.

"Ray, it's time for us to go home, it's too late. I'll take you home" I said to Ray.

Ray just nodded then stood up to take her bag. "Sara, let me take Ray home" Han suddenly said to me.

I stared at Han and raised my eyebrows "And make Ray's father kill me? You have the heart to do that to me, Han?"

Han frowned "That's not what I meant, Sara"

"I'm just joking with you, Han. Let me take Ray home. Her family has entrusted her to me, so let me take responsibility for this" I patted Han's shoulder.

Han just sighed while looking at me irritated and I just laughed at his actions.

Han paid our bill while we waited for him outside. When Han was done, and he came out, we walked back to the cafe side by side. Arriving in front of the cafe, I pressed my car alarm and opened my back door then put my bag and walked towards Andre's car. I saw Andre, Han and Ray chatting there.

"Well, it's time for me and Ray to go home. Andre, you dare to go home alone?" I turned towards Andre.

Andre saw me annoyed and frowned "You're crazy, Sara. I'm not drunk tonight. And I'm a man, there's no way I don't know the way back to my own house. You're really annoying"

Han laughed then put his hand on Andre's shoulder "Don't listen to Sara, Andre. We've been friends for a long time, you should have understood Sara's madness"

Me and the others chuckled while looking at Andre, who was starting to look pissed off at me.
I looked at Han "Thank you for tonight, Han. For your treat and this pleasant night"

Han smiled and said "Don't overdo it, Sara. Anyway, thanks for your help and the others for helping me clean and close the cafe today"

I just laughed, then signaled to Ray to get into the car. After saying goodbye and waving at them, the two of us immediately got into my car.

On the way home, I glanced at Ray, she was staring out the window. I tried to break the ice by turning my radio volume up. "Listen to this song, Ray. Adam gave me this collection," I told her.

Ray turned and I saw her face sad. "I honestly don't want to go home tonight, Sara. I don't want to see my parents fight because of Sandra's doing." she started sobbing.

"Don't think too much about this Ray, Ignore them. This is a problem between them and Sandra. Sandra clearly knows what the risk is from her actions. Maybe she made that decision because she believes in Thomas. Let her take her own path" I said softly to her.

I looked at Ray "Don't be sad Ray. I'm always with you. Hmm, what if tomorrow after I'm done with Linda, I'll stop by your house?"

Ray's face turned bright "Can you do that, Sara? I really don't want to be alone in this kind of situation"

I chuckled "You clearly know I can do that, so wipe your tears and stop being sad ok"

"Thank you, Sara. You're always with me." I heard the sincerity in her voice. I just smiled listening to that and looked straight ahead.

All the way to her house we were silent and lost in our thoughts.I stopped in front of Ray's gate. I turned to her "Now go into your house. I have to go home. Tomorrow I have to meet Lidya and I have a lot of work. If something happens, send me a message." I said sternly to her.

She nodded then took her bag and opened the car door then looked at me "Sara, thanks for tonight. I can forget my worries for a moment."

I smiled and waved my hand "Hurry in, I have to go back home. I also need to sleep. Good night, Princess" I teased her.

Ray scowled and got out of the car. She walked and then in front of her gate she turned and waved at me. From inside the car I smiled and raised my hand, giving her sign to get inside. Once Ray had closed the fence. I immediately left her house. I have to get home asap. I need sleep and I still have a few hours for that.

On the way back to my house, I lit a cigarette and opened my car window. It's windy tonight. I don't want to be sleepy in the middle of the road, I have to drive for an hour to get to my house. My thoughts drifted back to Adam. I suddenly remembered Valentine's Day two years ago, when Adam asked me out to celebrate Valentine's Day.

I remember that day when we met, in the car he gave me a rose and a box of heart shaped chocolates he made. We spent our valentine's night watching movies at the cinema and having romantic dinners. Coming home from that, when he drove me home, when I arrived in front of my house, he gave me a present. a little box wrapped in a very pretty ribbon.

I've always been impressed by Adam's creativity. He was always able to amaze me with how he attracted my heart. When I was in my room and opened the gift box, Adam gave me a CD with a collection of his favorite songs, all the songs that show how he felt to me, how much he loved me, at that time and a collection of photo collages he made containing photos of the two of us.

Why do people change so easily? what is the reason Adam could easily forget all the promises he and we made together? Why was Adam so fast to move on? Has there never been love in his heart for me all this time?

There are still many questions that will never be answered and I will never find all the answers to those questions until anytime. I took a deep breath while still focusing on the road.

Soon my car was near the gate of my house. I got out of the car and opened my gates and put the car into the garage. I opened the door of the house and immediately entered my room. Everyone's still asleep and I don't want to wake anyone up tonight.

I immediately went to the bathroom and washed my face and changed my clothes. I charged my cellphone battery and immediately climbed into my bed. When my head hits the pillow, all I have in mind is Adam. I thought about Adam until I didn't realize I was swallowed up by the darkness and fell asleep.