18

I was speechless at Ryan's question. I remember that day, when my panic attack came. I don't want to answer Ryan's question. I don't want him to be more curious about me. I kept staring at the girls who were giggling while admiring Ryan. Ryan seems unaffected by the girls. The waitress was gone after we had all chosen our meals.

While waiting for our food to come, I took my cellphone from my bag. I checked my message notification. I sighed, as usual there was no incoming message. I put my cellphone on the table. I looked around me, Sam was chatting with Billy. Lena is joking with the girls.

"Why don't you want to answer my question?" Ryan's voice startled me.

I jumped "There is a problem that happened that day at my house. I have to go home early because of that" I lied.

I took a glass and drank it. I glanced at Ryan, he was playing his glass. I put my glass again. Soon the waiter came with our food. Suddenly Ryan poured water in my glass "I see your water has run out"

I gaped, this guy is really weird. I saw the girls looking at us in surprise, as well as Sam. I pretended not to notice all of it. I'm trying to be busy with the food in front of me. As long as we ate, both of us just silent. I don't want to make tonight more difficult for me. I thought about Adam, but Ryan made it hard for me to concentrate. There is something about Ryan that intrigues me.

I took a tissue and wiped my lips. I saw the others were still eating their food. I have to admit that the night would have been fun if it weren't for Ryan who was next to me. Ryan kept staring at me and I got even more uncomfortable because Ryan made it all clear to the girls and to make it even worse, Ryan paid a lot of attention to me.

I can see that Sam is pissed off by Ryan's actions to me. Apart from Sam, the girls also looked pissed off at me. Because during that night, Ryan didn't care about them at all. Some of the girls approached Ryan and as I expected, Ryan only responded to them as necessary. I could see the look on their faces, filled with jealousy towards me.

"Can you give me your cellphone number?" said Ryan bluntly.

"Why do you need my cell phone number ? Our project is finished," I said flatly.

He raised his eyebrows "Can't I ask for your cellphone number?"

I don't want to argue with him, to be honest tonight I'm tired of the drama just because Ryan sat next to me. I took a paper and took out a pen from my bag and wrote my cellphone number on the paper and handed it to him. I look at my watch, I've been here too long. It's time for me to go home, if they were Ray and Andre, I wouldn't be coming home at this hour.

I grab my bag and stand and look at my team "Guys, I have to go home now. I have something to do. Anyway, thanks for tonight and how do I pay for my meal?"

Ryan suddenly interrupted me "I'll pay"

Everyone was shocked and looked at Ryan. I glanced at him. He was just silent while drinking the water.

I cleared my throat "Well, I guess I have to go now. Thank you very much and I hope we can meet again in the next project."

Lena got up from her chair and approached me, she hugged me "Sara, thank you tonight. I'm so glad you wanted to join us"

I smiled "Lena, I should be grateful to you. You're the only girl I know here. And it's great to know you"

Lena's eyes filled with tears, I saw her then hugged her tightly. Lena is the only girl close to me on this project. Although we are not that close, but for Lena I am close to her and I have no problem with that.

I looked at Sam from my chair "Sam, thanks for helping with this project. I hope we can work together again"

Sam forced his smile "Actually I don't want you to come home early tonight. I still want you to be here. We haven't talked much, Sara."

"Well, you have to pray a lot so that there is a new project from Lidya and we can work together again" I said

I know Sam likes me, that's the reason why he wants me to be there longer. Maybe he wanted me to be there a little longer so he would have a chance to talk to me more. I just treat Sam as a co-worker, no feelings for him. Luckily this project is finished so I don't have to encounter this kind of thing.

I took my bag and after I said goodbye to everyone, when I turned away from my chair, someone suddenly grabbed my wrist. There was a strange shiver that enveloped my body when Ryan held my wrist. I was silent for a moment, Ryan held my wrist. I looked at him confused

"Be careful on the road. I'll call you later," he said. I just nodded

I got out of there and walked toward the parking lot. Along the way I looked at the shops and suddenly my eyes were fixed on the couple who were chatting not far from me. They look romantic. The guy stared at the girl with a look full of love and the girl stared at the guy with a cheeky blush.

My thoughts drifted to Adam. I remember hanging out with Adam together at the mall. If he wasn't holding my hand, he would slip his hand around my waist when we walked inside the mall. At that time we both always looked intimate and happy. Everyone who knows us, always thinks that we will end up getting married and living happily.

Ryan, that guy is weird. I've never known him, and as long as we work together, we never talk to each other but I know he often looks at me from a distance but I always pretend not to care about him. I could tell he looked cold, but I could tell he was actually a nice guy. But I don't want to have a new relationship with anyone. I still can't move on from Adam and I really love Adam.

I was busy with my thoughts until I didn't realize I had walked up to the parking lot. I better not have to think about Ryan, we won't be seeing each other after this.