20

I opened my eyes and saw the ceiling of my room. I rolled over on my bed and placed my face on my pillow. I'm very lazy to get up from my bed. I see my watch, it's still early, I better go back to sleep.

I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to go back to sleep until I heard my father's voice "Don't go back to sleep. You better wake up. Don't let me drag you off your bed."

I looked at him and pursed my lips "What do you want? It's still very early. I'm still sleepy"

"I'm hungry. Accompany me breakfast at the usual place. I'll wait for you in front. Don't be too long"

He immediately closed the door without saying anything else. I cover my face with my pillow. Why is my dad always annoying? Can't he see me relax for a moment. I sighed and immediately threw away my pillow.

I got out of my bed then went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and change my clothes. I took my wallet, cellphone and car keys. I left my room and went straight to the front. I saw him sitting in the usual place, sunbathing.

I immediately moved closer him "I'll accompany you breakfast. But help me"

He stared "What do you want?"

I hugged his hand. "I want to service my car today. I'll be traveling tomorrow with Ray and Andre."

He smirk "You brat. Let's go. I'm so hungry"

I grinned then opened his door. After make sure he was inside and helping him fasten his seat belt I closed his door.

Today we eat as usual, at the same place. We always never get bored to go back there. Some kind of weekly ritual between him and me whenever he sees me at home.

"How long will you be traveling with Ray and Andre?" He asked

"I think about four or five days." I scooped out my food.

"You need money? What time do you leave tomorrow?" He drinks his water

"Lidya has transfer my salary. So I don't need anything. I think I'll leave tomorrow around 10. Please tell mom. You know she always doesn't like whatever I do" my face pleaded.

He looked at me " I'll tell her. I know she's annoying sometimes. I just asked you to understand her. Sometimes she just wants to vent her frustration"

I nodded in agreement "Sometimes she provokes my anger. I tried to hold back but she likes to irritate me" I sulk

He laughed "Don't overthink about her. She is my business and you are my daughter, learn to respect her" he said firmly

I pouted "You always defend her because she's your wife. Have you finished breakfast? Wait here I'll pay the bill"

He nodded and I stood up and immediately paid for our food.

"You didn't forget Mike's brother's wedding, did you? " He asked in the car as we headed home.

"Don't start over. I still remember. In two weeks. I'll be accompanying you to Mike's brother's wedding. Happy?" I said.

He laughed as he looked out the window "Good if you still remember it. I do not want in that day you make excuses so you cancel it"

I pouted and was silent to hear his statement. Sometimes my dad really impresses me. He can threaten me in his own style. That's why I'm more afraid of him. I guess the way he intimidated me made it impossible for me to refuse all of his requests.

All the tasks I have to do today. Now is the time for me to relax, I take my laptop and climb into my bed. I put my laptop on my lap. I only use my laptop to listen to songs, watch movies or do my work or college assignments.

Ray forced me to create a Facebook account. Actually I don't understand why I have to have an account on Facebook. Suddenly my cellphone vibrated, I took it and I saw an incoming message on my notification

Good evening, Sara ... What are you doing today? Did you have a fun day ? I am thinking of you. Ryan

I reread Ryan's message. I thought everything was ended yesterday. Why is he texting me now? I don't like this. Right now I don't want to have a new relationship with anyone. I know myself. I won't be able to make a new bond with someone as long as I can't get Adam out of my mind and heart.

I am fine. Thanks for asking how I'm doing. I've been busy these days. Sara

I decided not to give Ryan any hope. I hope he understands that I don't want to be in a relationship with him.I'm busy with that damn Facebook. I have to upload a photo and it sucks. I don't like selfies and I don't know which photo to put on my profile. Sometimes Ray really drives me crazy.

Why do you always look sad? Your gaze has always intrigued me. I want to know what's on your mind. Can't I get to know you better?. Ryan

I froze in silence reading Ryan's reply. Do I always look sad? Why did he realize that? I always try to hide from everyone everything about me. Ryan? He's the last person I want to be able to read myself.

I guess you are wrong. I am fine. Sara

I press the send button and put my cell back beside me. I looked back at my laptop, when I was selecting photos, my eyes were fixed on one album. My photo album with Adam. I forgot that I still have that photo on my laptop. I clicked on the album, and soon I saw lots of photos of the two of us. We look happy and always smile full of love with each other.

There is one photo that catches my eye, that photo was taken by Adam secretly when we both went to my high school prom night. At that time I was wearing a black knee-length dress and my hair was shaped into a bun. In that photo I laughed happily and loosely. I decided to choose the photo for my profile.

I'll always be here for you. I don't know why but I really want to know you closer and better. And I will never stop. You have to sleep. It's late. Good night, Sara. Ryan

I was flabbergasted, what the hell is that. Why doesn't this guy stop texting me ? As I recall, my message was clear that I didn't want him. I threw my cellphone on the bed. My eyes turned to see my laptop again. All those photos can always make me feel like seeing them again and again.

I miss Adam now. What is he doing? Has he found a replacement for me? Does he still remember me? Has he ever missed me once? Does he want to reach me back? Does he really love me? Has he really forgotten our love? Promises that we made?