Pilot

I glance at my watch.
It's almost time.
Last day in this rotten hell.

I look around the classroom looking at the other kids eager to leave. Students ready to throw their old work papers in the halls. poor janitors. Teachers ready to be free.

*ringggggggg*

Boom.

Hundreds of students rush out their classes. Ready to take advantage of the bright yellow colored sun. With its beaming rays making the grass look greener than usual. Getting out of school seemed like a challenge with hundred of kids trashing the halls. Teachers were yelling at students.
I finally managed to get out almost tripping over a sad couple. The girl was crying cause apparently she had strict parents and her boyfriend was trying to comfort her.

Idiots.

Graduating high school felt weird. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to college. It seemed like a waste of time. Mom would've wanted me to do what made me happy. To bad she's no-

"y/n! My parents finally let me get a new phone!" my best friend Sophie grabbed my shoulders.

"that's nice" I said calmly.

She's the total opposite of me.
Good grades.
Loving parents.
Innocent.
Good childhood.

That's why I like to her around. I act like I don't care but I do. She knows I do.

"Let me give you my number." She had it written down on a paper. She then hands me it.

"Why don't I just put my number on your phone?" I asked her looking at the paper.

"Mom didn't let me take it to school today since it's the last day. She said that she didn't want me to drop it again from all the kids rushing out of school" she smiled and stood with her feet pointing the same way.

"Oh ok. I'll text you" I put in my earbuds and turned back around walking home.

"Bye y/n!" I could hear her perky voice say.

Why is she always so damn happy.

"Mhmm" I replied.

I kept walking home until I eventually arrived. I opened the door into a empty house. Dads at work or either screwing our neighbor Ms. Candice. Perks of being the only kid is being alone. Cons of being the only kid, being alone.

I took off my black and white converse and set them by the door. I dropped my bag on the living room floor and laid on the couch. I turned on the TV for background sound. I took out my phone and texted the number Sophie gave me.

Unknown number

Hey. It's me, y/n.

I waited for her to text back.
It took her a minute. Which was weird cause she usually texted back immediately.

I'm sorry, who's this?

- Classic. "Who's this"-

It's me idiot. You gave me your number after school. Remember?

Lmao what I don't go to school anymore.