CORONATION DAY

That night, after dinner, I, along with Iris, went to the throne room. Iris was telling me, "Jay, I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Seeing Chiron, how he was the adult, guiding the Amazons, how he took a break for about a year, and came back after that, I think, I need a year break too."

"What? Now? I need you the most now."

"Not now, but after your coronation. So, we have a week. I will be in contact. Anytime you need me, ring me up. I will be here. But I do need a break, honey. I've been at it for a thousand years now. And while you set up things, I need a breather, you know, travel the world, meet handsome men, fall in love again, you know, increase our demigod population by one or two." She winked, "Your friends are there, and you are not alone. Plus, I need to see my son."

"Your son?" I asked, surprised. I had never heard that Iris had a son.

"Pothos. He is among those love-deities who roam around with Eros. I also need to see Zeph."

"Zeph? Zephyrus? The god of the west winds, who took us to see Eros and Psyche last year?"

"Yes, child. Him. You never asked how he agreed to help you, right?"

"No. How?"

"He is my husband. We are not exactly the loving couple, but we definitely are good friends."

I was shocked. About everything Iris was telling me, about her life, her family, her need for a break. I felt like she deserved it too. She had been taking care of us for so long. Now that the troubles were over, and we were growing up well, she deserved a break. I told her, "Iris, I grant you the break you deserve, given that you return after a year."

"Thank you, your Highness." She smiled.

Then, I told her why I wanted to see the throne room. See, whenever you see someone doing something, you have an idea of how you would do if given a chance. So, when I became king, I had an idea. "Iris, aren't these other thrones fourteen thrones for the ruler's family?"

"It is, Jay."

"Then I want my demigod family to be assigned a throne each."

"Really?" Iris was shocked, "You would do that?"

"Family, isn't it?"

"Of course."

"I want to assign certain responsibilities to the elder ones. Can I?"

"Of course, you can. You are the King, Jay."

"No, I meant, will it be alright?"

"Absolutely, as long as all the elder ones get a role. The younger ones should be kept out of it. They need training."

"Understood. One more thing."

"Yeah?"

"Chaos asked for a shrine built on its name. I was thinking, after coronation, if we use the barren fields behind the mountains to make shrines for all the gods we met? Atlantis doesn't have a single temple. And though we have all the gods in our favor, it will only strengthen that. What do you think?"

"It is a great idea, Jay. However, build a temple on Poseidon's name. He is the patron. And don't build me anything, please."

"As you wish. But, do we have the finance for such a project?"

"The Atlantean treasure can buy fifty countries around the world, my boy." Iris said, "All these planning you are doing will spend only five percent of that treasure."