Twenty-Six.

TW: violence, heavy homophobia, blood (sorry about the fluff being ruined again ily)

Mocks were swiftly approaching and although we only had a few days left of the week before our first exam, we were not allowed to study during lessons which stressed me out. While I was getting a GCSE out of PE, it still felt like I was wasting valuable study time when I was forced to run laps around the field. Especially since we could at least be studying for the PE exam, but the other kids in my class and the teacher didn't really like doing theory so we simply rarely did it.

I tended to stay away from the other boys because they were all jeering jocks but I stayed away from the girls too because they were very much, and constantly trying to flirt with me. It was so annoying that I couldn't just say I was with someone... or I guess I could, but just not tell the whole truth, only to get them off my back.

Just finishing the last warm-up lap, I panted, small beads of sweat forming at my hairline as I sat down on the grass, forgetting it was still wet from the winter rain.

"Shit," I grumbled under my breath as I stood up again, checking to see if there was any mud on my backside, which there was, but only a small amount.

"Ok, everyone, get into teams of... five?" Our teacher suggested as he quickly counted how many people were there. Great.

There was a group of four left and then me, once everyone had got into their groups. Obviously, I had to join them. Would you believe that two of the members were Josh and Sam?

I pressed my lips into a thin line but swallowed anything I might want to say to them because it really wasn't the right time.

"Clay! You know, we never actually got to catch up," Josh told me as he sauntered up to me, followed by the rest of the team. He patted me harshly on the back, making me wince a little at the surprise.

"H-hello," I said awkwardly, giving a small thumbs up. I knew I'd scold myself for that later.

"So... Clay, you got a bird yet?" He continues talking to me and I cringed at his phrasing.

I furrowed my eyebrows before saying, "Well, I wouldn't really refer to a woman like that..."

"Nah, it's only jokes. I only ask because us lot are trying to get Lucy here a man and wanted to know if you're interested. She looks kind of sad and lonely without one," He was talking like we were friends? I guess he really was that entitled. It made me feel quite unsettled.

"Hey, I am not lonely, and I don't need a man," Lucy huffed, but she still smirked suggestively at me.

"Yeah, I would, but I've already got one, and so does Ollie. Josh probably has a few at this point," laughed Sam, putting his fist up to bump Josh's. (Ollie and Lucy are on this team fyi).

I grimaced. They were disgusting excuses for people and I just hoped and prayed that time would speed up if only to get out of this conversation.

We were tossed a football to practice passing, but they continued to talk throughout it. "So? You up for a date?" Lucy ogled at me as I kicked the ball to Ollie.

"Uh, no, sorry," I said, trying not to make eye contact.

"Why? Am I not pretty enough?" she pouted and although I knew she was probably fishing for compliments, I still didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"No, no, it's not that I just-"

"Probably been hanging out with all those twinks so long it rubbed off on him," Josh snickered. I just frowned at him, holding my breath in case exhaling let out accidental words.