Chapter 1

Y/n POV        "Sir please, I don't think you understand how much I need this job!" I begged

Y/n POV
"Sir please, I don't think you understand how much I need this job!" I begged.

"Like I said Y/n, you're fired. My decision is final, you need to grab your things and leave." Mr. Orta said and walked away. I just watched in disbelief, this job was the only way I supported myself. There was no point in me trying to go against his word. So I just turned around and walked to the front of the cafe. I guess this didn't go as planned.

Let me catch you up real quick. Hi my name is Y/n L/n, and I am sort of an orphan. My parents moved to America a couple of years ago so I have been living by myself. I work, well worked, at a local cafe near my house. And I am an 1-st year student at Musutafu High in Japan. That's all for now, I'll tell you any information you need to know.

"Hey Y/n I could use some help, we just got a ton of customers." My co-worker said to me.

"I'm sorry Kendo, but I actually just got let off so I'm supposed to be leaving." I said back.

"No way, I didn't think he was being serious when he said he was firing people this week. But you should get going, its already 6 and it gets dark pretty quick." Kendo stated.

"Thank you Kendo, I'll miss you."

"Anytime, stay safe on your way home. Bye Y/n!"

"Bye."

As soon as I stepped outside I finally let the tears I was holding in out. For this job was the one way I supported myself. I decided to start walking as I have quite a distance to walk.

"Have you seen the exhibit at the aquarium?" Someone said as they walked by.

'A new exhibit maybe? I never heard about that. I mean it's not like I have anything to do, and the aquarium always calms me down. I might as well go.'

So I took a right and started walking toward the aquarium. After about 10 minutes I had made it, and got in line to purchase my ticket.

"Hello, welcome to Musutafu aquarium. My name is Momo, how can I help you today?" One of the workers asked.

"Hi, uhm I just need one ticket." I replied.

"Ok that will be $18.95." They said.

"Oh, ok." That was a lot more than I remembered. I got out my wallet and handed over a 20. Then she handed me my change and ticket. "Thank you."

I opened the entrance doors and planned to see the supposedly new exhibit. Then I would head toward my favorite part, the open tank. It is very random but beautiful. No animals, just a decorated tank.

While walking I noticed that there weren't that many people today, but I suppose it it because of the time and most people come with children.

Turning around the corner I noticed a small group of people around an unfamiliar space. I concluded that they were looking at what was new. Once they left I stepped up and immediately noticed what the new creature was.

A Japanese spider crab, basically a crab with 3 to 4 foot long leg span. It was definitely cool to see as I haven't seen one before. As I normally do, I felt bad for the creature. It was probably free in the ocean than randomly scooped up and brought to the aquarium. I just hope they have a reason like it was injured and they were nursing it back to health.

I hadn't even noticed how long I was looking at the creature. Then the intercom went off.

"Hello, this is a warning that the aquarium will be closing in 30 minutes. The aquarium will be closing in 30 minutes."

Soon as I heard the announcement I quickly headed towards the open tank as I normally spent
quite a lot of time there. I walked through the doors and walked toward the glass.

As normal, I am the only one there. So I just sat down, and pressed my forehead and hands against the glass. Eventually I felt a few tears trickle down my cheeks. When wiping them away I spotted a pair of eyes looking at me, not from behind me but from the other side of the glass.

It had its hands pressed against where mine were, but then I noticed, they're webbed.