Chapter 2

~PREVIOUSLY~

~PREVIOUSLY~

      As normal, I am the only one there. So I just sat down, and pressed my forehead and hands against the glass. Eventually I felt a few tears trickle down my cheeks. When wiping them away I noticed a pair of eyes looking at me, not from behind me but from the other side of the glass.

     It had its hands pressed against where mine were, but then I noticed. They're webbed.
~CURRENT~

Y/n POV
    "AHHHHHHHHH." I fell backwards.

    The creature was looking at me curiously. I quickly got on my feet and cowardly stepped backwards. It did something I wouldn't expect to do.

    It almost looked like it pouted, then its face then immediately went back into a scowl.

    'What are you...' I thought to myself. 'Wait, he has a tail, could that mean he is a mermaid!'

    Probably making a stupid decision I slowly but surely walked back up to the glass and pressed my hand on it again. Then soon after he copied.

    I was very confused, but then I noticed him looking at my hands. So I wiggled my fingers around. Once again, he copied my movements. I laughed at him trying to bend his webbed hand and failing to do so. I wanted to test something out so I stepped backwards, and did a spin. Surely enough, he spun as well.

The creature showed me a lot of unique things. Such as how the webbing on his hands are some what retractable. How his scales glisten in the different lighting of the tank and more.

    "You really are fascinating." I murmured to myself.

    We just stayed there for about 5 minutes with him continuing to attempt to mimic my actions. It was funny to see the creature so determined to be able to do what I was doing. It almost seemed like he wasn't happy with the result of some of his actions as he had to redo some things over again. Next thing I know the door slammed open.

    "Well well well, what do we have here?"

-Meanwhile-

    "Hey Izuku, you might want to take a look at this." Ochako yelled.

    "What is it?" Izuku asked, walking towards the screen, "No way, he hasn't had a single interaction with us, unless we bribe him. Let's go check it out."

    "Okay."
-Back to you-

     As the door slammed open I turned around quickly. The people I wanted to see least were standing at the door. Eddie and his friends. Eddie has bullied me ever since 3rd grade.

     "What a coincidence to see you here isn't it, Y/n?" Eddie said.

     Nervously I asked, ¨Eddie! What are you doing here?¨

     ¨Just followed a little fishy to the aquarium, oh wait that was rude of me. I meant you.¨ He snarked.

     ¨Leave me alone Eddie, did you only come to make fun of me again?¨

      ¨Maybe, you know if you weren't alone in this weird room you could've been saved.¨ Eddie mocked.

      As he said that I recalled the creature that was once behind me, I spun around and he was nowhere to be seen. When turning back around I got shoved and the back of my head hit the tank, hard. I gripped my head and felt something warm dripping down my scalp. Blood.

     ¨Damn, are you really that much of a weakling that you can't handle a simple push?¨ He said walking up to me on the floor.

     I felt like I was starting to lose consciousness and right before I did I hear yelling.

    ¨What do you think you're doing!¨ A green haired guy asked running in the room.

     That was all I heard before I blacked out.