𝟷. | 𝚊 𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝚍𝚊𝚢, (𝚝𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢).

fumiko's pov:

-february 28th, 7:00 a.m.-

"listen, dazai! if a fish is surrounded by water, then it's not wet, but once it is exposed to air, it is considered wet!"

"what the fuck?! no! water is wet, and that means fish are fucking wet!"

"it's whatever you think."

"whatever i'm thinking right now is correct!"

dazai and i were walking together to work, having a lighthearted argument. these types of arguments never escalated to a huge argument, it was all for shits and giggles.

"can't believe you actually think fish aren't wet." dazai put his hands back into his pockets.

"but they're not!" i laughed.

"take that up with kunikida, you'll be in more trouble than you are with me." dazai pointed out.

"you're adorable." i poked his cheek, smiling slyly.

we open the door to the workplace, dazai in front whilst i'm trailing behind him.

"good morning everybody!" he calls, immediately going to his desk area. i smile, giving a little wave to everyone, going to my little desk area. it's right next to dazai's, fortunately, so we usually fuck with kunikida or help each other with cases. i sit down in my chair, kicking my feet on the ground so i was spinning at light speed.

"hayashi, you keep spinning that fast and you'll fly to the moon." kunikida's voice said above the wind.

"it's what i'm going for, there's no oxygen there! if i get to go there without a suit, i'll die!" i happily cheer and i lift my arms off the arm handles to cheer.

"that's so true, hayashi! let me try!" dazai said before spinning in his chair at light speed.

"good god, it's like taking care of children-- oh my god!" kunikida cries as he sees me fly out of my chair and out the open window.

"wheeee!" i cheer happily. i was flying over yokohama, but not by the speed of flying off my chair, no, i leapt off and used my ability. well, part of it, to say the least.

my ability is called "floating clouds". it gives me the ability to take other peoples ability and use it against them. i also keep around a snippet of their ability and use it whenever i like, i just can't forget about it or how to use it otherwise i can't use it. i can also give someone else somebody's ability. it's like a floating cloud, sharing rain with the rest of the world and taking evaportation from other places as well. smart, right? at the moment, i was using someone's ability called "the shell of moon and sun". it was an ability that could use the power of the sun and/or moon to create whatever i'd like and do whatever i'd like. right now, i created wings on my back, so i was actually flying.

"wait, shit." i muttered to myself, "i can't go to the moon, i have a job to do. fuck!" i cursed, smiling. i turned back around and flew through the agency's open window, cutting through dazai and kunikda who were standing there waiting for me to come back. i sat back into my chair and immediately got to work.

"hayashi, you're a hassle! never do that again, you blockhead!" i turned around to see steam coming out of his ears.