Chapter 9

His anger was coming off in waves; he had a small spoon indent on his forehead. He sighed heavily as he rubbed the spot. "we need to bring you back to the second wall." As he stood there waiting for a reaction.

"Well, I'll leave when I get some information." She stated as she crossed arms.

"Information as for why you are here? Why they brought here? What do I want?" He growled out his eyes growing darker.

She looked at him her nose scrunching up, a scowl formed on her lips. "No. I want to know why you are going to the wastelands."

He was taking back, they only just decided to go through there this morning. "You sneaked away from her this morning didn't you."

"I never said that." denying it as quickly as it was said.

She walked past him towards the door opening the sturdy oak. "come tell me all about it."

Looking in disbelief at her action as she stood by the door. he roughly took the door and stormed towards his study. Opening to see men at his desk studying his map. Nyx followed behind in her bloody blue dress. A couple looked up and growling at the vaguely familiar girl. Rushing to get her and kill her. Alex's arm shot out in front of his minx of a mate. He snarled at the men, crouched in front of him.

Nyx looked and glared back at them. "put the spoon away Nyx it's not threatening." he demanded not turning his head to see if she had it. He heard a click as she dropped it.

He looked at the men, "this our guest for the day." The rest down castes their eyes as the men went out the door.The others were getting up and leaving with small nods. Nyx walked over to his chair sitting down in it. Looking at her sighed taking out another map. Placing it and spreading it across the worn desk.

Pointing at the wastelands, "Here we believe the humans are attacking The mating games. " Nyx looked up at him.

"The mating games Are Held out there?!? That's insane!" She cried out. Looking down at brown tinged map.

Rolling his eyes, continuing. "Humans are revolting. So doing our duty as-"

"Rebels. As rebels that went against the king." Nyx snapped in.

"To help the true leader The Queen!"

"The king has outlawed you! The queen is his mate! She can't disobey!" Nyx hand slapped down.

"You know nothing of what's goes on in court!" He yelled back.

Nyx stood up her voice rising, "Your right I don't because someone took, ME FROM MY COMING OF AGE!"

"You think I wanted you here?" He roared as his head kept going. In danger? Where all want to kill you. Of course, he didn't say that, but his claws were pushing through his flesh.

The black haired beauty grew quiet not knowing what to say. Red threatening her vision. As words spilt like venom, as she walked to the door in a flash. "YOU THINK I WANTED TO BE WITH A MANGY REBEL! FORGETTING THEIR HERITAGE. TO BE CURSED HAVING TO LOVE SOMEBODY I CANT HAVE? TO HIDE IT FROM MOTHER CAUSE I CANT TELL HER ITS YOU? THEY HAVE ALL COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IM MATELESS TO BE THROWN INTO PRISON AND PUT TO TORTURE AND QUESTIONS? The- the councils are getting fed up with me and they-they." Her hands slammed against the oak of the door.

The loud 'BANG' as she kept beating her hands, her tears streaming. The truth was finally hitting her; she was already 118 without a mate. They gave up hope and were forcing her to marry. The king was merciful and was going to fake a bond with her bethored. But she knew.

Even her betrothed was hard and upset already lost his mate. His eyes coloured a dull brown, and her slate grey was a pair looked down by all the rebels. The council thought it was a union between royals help bring peace to show new ways. The tears kept coming as a sound a rushed gasp of air filled the silent room. Her hands batted and weak to hit the door anymore.

Alex stood taking in her words, they, no he had given his mate the most dreaded feeling. Of hiding and sadness. his hands tightened of thought another taking her. Stepping closer, making sure not hurt any more than before. Her hand came back up to hit the door. Her hand was becoming purple. Catching her hand, he turned her around. Nyx cried into his chest.

"Sh Nyx it will be alright." He rubbed her back in a way he used to do as kids. "You can stay here. Stay with me."Alex spoke the words he wished, that would come true.