Friends and Misunderstandings

Noah

The ride to Wawanakwa Island was uneventful. There wasn't really anything exciting or out of the ordinary in the yacht. Just some talkative teens in a boat, going to an island for a reality T.V. show.

My journey just consisted of book-reading, little naps, and listening to the deafening sound of someone's snores.

This wide blonde guy, Owen, who is currently sitting beside me, is weird. He's so social and all up in someone's personal space. He's the kind of guy that you'd have weird bad feelings about as they engage in a conversation with you. But even though that's the case, I still find him tolerable unlike the rest of the campers.

"Hng?!" Owen snorted as he jolted awake. "Mornin' Big O'," I say with a sarcastic tone. "Ahaha, morning Noah! Are we there yet? I'm pretty hungry."

I reach in my back and obtain a container full of Khurma as he asks. I grab a piece and ate it. "Mmm, not yet. We're still pretty far. Heard some talk that it's another 2 hours to get there, apparently," I say while muffling my voice with the Khurma inside my mouth. "Aw man," Owen draws his eyebrows near his radix while looking at my food container. "You said you were hungry right? Here, have some." I said as I handed him the container. "Woah, really?! Thanks!!!!" He accepts willingly and enthusiastically.

Is this what having a friend feels like?

Cody

"Hey, you alright bud?" Gwen asks in worry. "Mm. I'm alright, I think, " I say as I fidget my hands. They were shaking and I couldn't stop them.

"You wanna cuddle? I have a blanket with me- hold on, let me get it," She says as she searches for a blanket in her suitcase and backpack.

I feel so itchy. I feel like my skin is being crawled by hundreds of spiders. I was sure that I took my medicine earlier today. Argh, these thoughts have left me to twitch and shift in my seat. Somehow sitting in a slightly spacious seat can make me uncomfortable.

Suddenly, a warm sensation has surrounded me and interrupted my thoughts.

"Thanks, Gwen," I look at her with gratitude, still fiddling with my finger and having slightly bloodshot eyes. "No prob, Bob," she joins me into the warmth underneath the large blanket.

"Aww, how cute!!!" a girl with a blue bandana shrieked loudly. Me and Gwen's head went out of the blanket to see what the commotion is about.

"Right??" another girl says, looking at us with an evil grin. "What's this about...?" another one says, this time it's a guy. He seems to be holding a brochure of guitar prices on it.

"Them! The Gap Tooth and the Goth! They look so cute together!" the blonde with the bandana continues with her fangirling.

A moment of silence pangs in the aisle.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" the room is now filled with Gwen and I's laughter, followed by questionable stares and confusion.

"We're not a couple! We're best friends, haha! She's like a sister to me, " I say out loud. "Yeah, we do act all lovey-dovey, but we're not a couple," Gwen half-laughs. "Not in a million years," I added.

After the misunderstandings, everyone was back to what they were doing.

------------------------------------------------------

a/n: I apologize for the grammatical errors! Sorry as well if you found the chapter boring qwq
Noah and Cody will interact in the next part of the story!