I'm Sorry and It's Okay

Cody

"Argh. What the hell, man?"

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" I yell apologetically as my face flushing and my hands shaking.

Damn it. We haven't even stepped on the island yet, and I've already made a mistake.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Gwen laughs while watching us lay awkwardly, along with the mess my bag made. It seems as if she can't read the room.

"Not helping Gwen!" I yelled at her, also signaling her to help me. She knows I don't do well in these kinds of incidents. She assists me in arranging my scattered things and shoving them in my bag. I look at the person I bumped on to, his face plastered with an unpleasant aura.

'He must be cringing on how messily I put things in my bag,' I thought to myself.

Maybe he also waited for me to stop yelling at Gwen as he eventually speaks up.

"It's alright," he says in the most not-alright tone. He looked extremely annoyed like some child has decided to bother him for 4 hours straight. His eyebrows, now actually forming a unibrow, accompanied by his forehead wrinkles. His hair gently fluttered down in front of his eye. Man, were they soft and long.

"Enjoying the view?" the person mocked me. I realized that I was staring at him, making me feel more embarrassed. I glanced at Gwen, her giving me such a smug face.  My face flushes once more.

"I'm really, really, really sorry!" My face- red and hot, tears almost seeping out of my eyes, heavy breathing occurring. I sank onto the level of my knees, buried my face in it while grabbing strands of my hair. Gwen knew what was happening, so was this guy's large friend.

Gwen also sank onto her knees, but enough for her to stand on her feet. She looks at me with concern and pats my head.

"You okay?" She whispers. "No. Please get me out of here," I silently pleaded. She nodded at my request.

She gathered the remaining items and shoving them quickly into my bag. I heard a quick 'zip' while I look away from the two gentlemen. Gwen perks up, two bottles in hand, and apologized to the guys.

"I'm really sorry about this," she says. The large teen suddenly spoke up just as the irritated guy opened his mouth. "It's alright! We understand. Do you guys need any help?" he says in an understanding tone. "No. Thanks anyway, though," Gwen smiles gratefully and walks away.

She, and I, eventually arrived at the exit, my face still flushed.

"Hey, it's alright. It's over now," 

"Thanks, Gwen. You're the best," I smile weakly.

"Psh, what are friends for?" 

Noah

"What was that all about?" I say to Owen as he watches the dynamic dunderheads walk away. Not my fault they bumped into me.

"Noah," Owen sighs and shakes his head. I'm not sure where this conversation is going. Have I done something wrong? Impossible.

"Didn't you see the little guy?" the heavy man says. Now I was getting even more confused. How could I have done something? I am flawless. Well, except for the fact that I cannot comprehend one's feelings. And maybe sports, they are not my forte.

How hypocritical.

"Noah, he was hyperventilating," now Owen is looking at me with a disappointed face.

"Ah," I paused. "Sorry, I was too busy worrying about..." I drift off.

"Yourself?" Owen finishes my statement.

Well, damn.

"You should apologize to them. Y'know, make it up for the incident today, bud," my chubby buddy says. I sigh. I don't  have another way of getting off your grip, huh?" I chuckle at Owen.

"Fine, fine. I will. Just so you know, this is going to eat up some of my pride," I roll my eyes as I acquired my fallen novel. "Haha, I know, bud." he nods as we stroll towards the exit.