chapter 03

"shut up." i said, trying to ignore the faint butterflies starting to stir in my stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my alarm clock blared, waking me from my dream of me riding dinosaurs and taking over the world with said dinosaurs. groaning, i rolled over and hit snooze. the sun shone through the gap between the end of my shade and the bottom of my window.

i rubbed my face and threw myself up to a sitting position, grabbing my phone and checking the time. my phone read 6:32. panicking, i rushed out of bed and quickly rushed my morning routine. i was supposed to meet mark around 7 because we were going to walk to school together. "yayy." i thought sarcastically. i hated being the new kid. i had moved about 2 times before this, and being the new kid always sucked. the kids would always be whispering about you, and you didn't know who to be friends with and stupid shit like that. i quickly finished getting dressed and doing some small make-up, ending up with this as the final look. 

i rushed out the door at around 6:54, and knocked on mark's door

i rushed out the door at around 6:54, and knocked on mark's door. i stood there for probably 6 seconds before mark opened the door, wearing a black hoodie, and baggy blue jeans. 

i smiled and laughed, " hey bestieee!" he laughed as well, and opened the door farther to let me walk in. his mom was at the table, drinking coffee and scrolling through her phone. his dad came rushing down the hallway, tying the tie that hung around his neck lazaly. 

" oh, hello and good morning." he said, looking up and noticing me. i smiled and waved. " i'm gonna head out. bye everyone." he gave kristen a kiss on the head and patted mark on the back before walking through the door that lead to the garage. 

mark grabbed his bag off the floor and waved goodbye to his mom. " bye mom, love you." she looked up, waved and went back to drinking her coffee. we both headed out the door and started our way to the school.

"good morning, by the way." mark said, looking at me. 

" good morning to you also. seems like today was busy." i mentioned, referring back to when his dad was in a rush. 

he smiled a small smile and shook his head. " i guess so, he just overslept."

i laughed, " same here honestly. i forgot school existed." i breathed a laugh out of my nose, the decided to cut the bullshit. " ok, so i need to ask, is everyone there mean?" 

he let out a laugh. " no, some people aren't but the people i hang out with the most are really chill. if you want, you can just vibe with us for today to get used to stuff." 

i smiled, " really? you wouldn't mind that?" 

he shook his head again, " no, don't worry about it." i contemplated about hugging him, just because he was being nice, but i figured that'd be to weird. instead, i just thanked him and let out a small breath of relief, happy that i wouldn't be stuck to fight for myself in a school full of strangers. 

                           *                                         *                                               * 

when we finally arrived, the nerves all came flooding back. i started walking slowly, slow enough that apparently mark had noticed. 

" hey, don't worry, i'm sure that you'll be fine. i'll even walk to the security's office if you need me too?" he smiled. "fuck. a nice boy and has a cute smile. what the fuck." 

i smiled back at him, " only if you want to." 

" of course, anything for bestie." i laughed an lightly smacked his arm. 

"what the hell dude!" i said, continuing to laugh. " one, you're way to nice. two, way to ruin the moment with the word 'bestie'."

he made a confused face, " what's wrong with bestie? you called me bestie this morning." i smiled. 

" only i can do that thoughh." he muttered out an 'oh' and started walking away. " wait no besite i'm kidding! come back shawty!" 

he let out a wheeze. " what is a shawty?" i stopped dead in my tracks and stuck a hand up. 

" don't talk to me anymore. don't call me. don't come to my house. we're done." we both laughed and walked into the school. i took a deep breath and followed mark, hoping that nothing bad would happen today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hmm, will something bad happen, will something not bad happen? we'll never know. but elloooo. how is everyone! sorry another kinda short chapter, i had to rush this one because i'm going somewhere tonight. im hoping to post a chapter maybe every other day or every two days, so yeah. anyways, did anyone see the new manhunt video? that was so pog omfg. anyways, i hope everyone has a very good day and don't forget to eat and drink water. i love you all and goodbye for now!! </:) <3

-grey

word count: 888