chapter 15

"we snuggled up to each other and i reached for her hand, intertwining it with mine."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sneezing, i grabbed another tissue while mark walked in while two bowls in his hands.

"mark, you didn't have to." i whined, my voice sounding stuffy and gross.

" i know, but you're sick so i want to take care of you." he handed me a bowl but i pushed it away. he sighed and placed it on the bedstand.

" but you don't, you're going to get sick." i looked at him but he was dead serious.

" so what? i want you to be heathy."

" no. leave right now or i swear to god." i glared at him.

" if i leave, im coming back tomorrow. and the day after, and the day after, until you get better." he stated.

i rolled my eyes, " fine. ok? does that make you sleep better at night?" i joked.

"yes, i'll be back tomorrow ok? get better, love you." he leaned down and kissed my forehead. then left, the door slamming behind him.

sighing, i rolled onto my side, grabbing phone and going through tiktok until my mom came home. i heard her climb up with stairs, then open my door.

" hey honey, you feeling ok?" she asked, slowly walking over to me like i was a vicious animal.

" yeah, i guess so." i mumbled. she stuck her hand to my forehead and walked out of the room, most likely going to grab the thermometer from the bathroom.

as i said, she came back with the thermometer and told me to lift my tongue. i did and waited until it beeped. my mom pulled out the thermometer and pushed her lips together.

" how bad?"

" 100." she said, sighing and putting the thermometer on the bed stand. when she did, she noticed the bowls of soup.

" who made these?"

" mark, the neighbor." 

" oh, well that was sweet of him."

"yeah." i smiled.

" alright," she said, rubbing her hands on her thighs, " i'm going to be out for a bit, i love and make sure to eat and rest up." she gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked out, bean running in and jumping on my bed.

" hey buddy!" my voice croaked. he licked my face and then walked in a circle, laying down eventually. i curled around him and fell asleep.

       ✻                                         ✻                                          ✻

i woke up and tried to stretch, but something restricted me from doing so. when i opened my eyes, i saw a pair of arms wrapped around me and marks head buried into my chest. smiling, i squeezed him and reached behind me, trying to grab my phone. 

i played imessage games with tubbo and ina while waiting for mark to wake up. when he did, he looked at me and smiled. 

" good morning sleepyhead."  he mumbled, he's throat sounding sore. 

" morning." i smiled, my voice sounding the same way.

" are you feeling any better?" he asked.

" no, but your voice sounds raspy, did i get you sick?" 

"no, i'm fine." he sniffed and grabbed a tissue from behind me.

" mark." i said, sternly.

"asherah." he said in the same tone.

" i said i didn't want you to get sick."

" yeah, but i'll be fine." he shook his hand, as if he was brushing it off.

"no. i don't want your mom to be mad at me for getting you sick."

" yeah, but i already talked her her and she said that if i get sick she wants me to stay here until i get better, so looks like you're stuck with me for a few days." he smiled.

" you're such a dork, but fine." i gave in, smiling at him.

" yay!" he threw his arms up, then threw them back over me.

" so, what do you want to do today?" i asked.

 he sighed, "hm, i don't care, that can be up to you."

" movie marathon?" i suggested.

" yeah, that sounds fun." 

" alright then, movie marathon it is." i reached behind me again to grab the tv remote sitting on the bed stand. " do you think if i texted ransom, he would make us popcorn?" i asked, reaching for my phone.

" yeah probably." mark replied, shrugging. i texted him, and surprisingly he said he would. when he opened the door, he looked at us and fake gagged.

" ew, gross. get that stupid couple stuff away from me. fricken weirdos." me and mark laughed.

" we aren't a couple silly." i pointed out to him.

"yet." mark mumbled. my face went completely red.

ransom stopped himself from laughing and walked out, making sure to leave the popcorn on my bed stand along with everything else there.

i cleared my throat and hit play on the movie, snuggling up to mark and shoving my feeling further down inside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ello! how is everyone. i hope you all are doing well. i do have something to say though so yeah, i have to turn my laptop in on monday (writing this on saturday) which means that i'll probably be writing some chapters on my phone or something, so they might not be as long/good, so i apologize. anyways, here is my fit from friday, kinda proud of it ngl:

just watched the new demon slayer movie last night and lemme tell you, that shit was sad

just watched the new demon slayer movie last night and lemme tell you, that shit was sad. anyways, goodnight, i love you all and make sure to eat, sleep, drink water, etc because i want you to take care of yourself. bye!<3

-grey

word count: 971