the killer prince

Once again, art by @/ArtLinXin bc they are poggers
_.—(0)—._
Tw:// murder and trauma
Y/n was used to running.
Running from home.
Running from officers.
School, society, thieves, you name it.
But they never thought they'd be running from a royal. A cold blooded one at that.
*record scratch*
Wait, lemme backtrack.

It was a normal day in the kingdom of Ostreie, bustling servants and graceful ladies in extravagant gowns, accessorized with lavish jewels and stones. Regal men came around to complete their duties, collecting dues and delivering letters to whomever their heart may be set on. That was up in the kingdom, though.
Down in the filthy streets of lower Ostereie, the day was most irregular. It was drafting day, a day every family on every street across the entire plain feared, dreaded. Just this season, a new order passed included women in the drafting.
Just my luck y/n thought, as the weaved her way through the clamouring crowd. The town was just now reading the newspapers with the declaration.
Y/n was already aware, though. She had nicked a paper from a paper boy on his routes.
They just had to find somewhere to hide out, and NOT get caught. They had never seen anyone get 'dealt with' or heard any tales, but they knew better than to find out.
Too late, the royal police were in her street. Quickly, Y/n ducked into an alley, one she knew well, and hid behind one of the immovable dumpsters.
Gross, this reeks y/n thought to themself.
Y/n was about to hack out a cough when they heard a crash.
"So you think you can hide from me?" One voiced called.
"No sir, I was only-"
"I know what you were doing! Trying to avoid drafting?"
Y/n froze, helplessly trying to mute their breathing. She knew that voice from somewhere... but where?
"I am the blood prince, the royal hunter, nothing escapes me!"
The prince... it's Prince Techno. Of the Blade royals...
"I'm so sorry sir-"
"It's Your Majesty to you, peasant!"
Y/n dared a quick glance and the affair through a compact in the purse she stole from some unsuspecting Lady.
A tall, well built warrior loomed over a trembling, scrawny commoner. To her dismay, it was a neighbour she grew up with; a childhood friend. A brawny hand with gold decor was wrapped around the commoners neck, holding him down effortlessly.
"The warrior was intimidating, even with the light pink hair flowing out under their netherite helmet.
He was quite beautiful, in fact.
But the expression of his face could give even the fiercest fighter nightmares. It would for sure haunt hers.
After an extensive silent moment filled with tension, the peasant spoke.
"Sir, I can hardly breathe-"
"Good." The prince tightened his grip on the commoner, and their face began to turn purple. No emotion graced the prince's face, save for an upwards twitch on his lip.
The boy went limp, and y/n let out an involuntary whimper. The warrior tensed.
"I can hear you, you idiot. Did you enjoy that little show?"
He turned towards y/n's direction.
She could smell his cologne.
He could hear her laboured breathing.
"I'll give you five seconds to reveal yourself, or I'm gonna do it myself."
Y/n searched for something sharp, anything
Five...
He's a prince
Four...
He's a royal
Three...
He's heir to the throne
Two...
But he's a killer
ONE!
Y/n braced herself for flight, hastily fashioning a weapon out of a flattened can.
Ready or not, here I come!!
The prince tore the supposedly immovable dumpster away to reveal a fierce young woman, in a runner's stance, with something sharp aimed at him.
He chuckled.
She jabbed at his chest and took off.
I'm running from a royal, she thought, the blood prince at that.
A killer prince...