Chapter 8: B__A__B__Y

(KARLAS'S POV)

I'm so happy to have friends like Mariah and Toni, I was embarrassed to tell them because I didn't know how they would respond. All I know is I can't go back to that house, not with him there, i would rather live on the streets then step a foot back in there. Where will I go now

Mariah took me to the hospital and they got me a room and observed my area and gave me a pregnant test. I'm scared as hell, what if I have Aids or HIV or possibly.....A BABY

(MARIAH'S POV)

Me and Toni was sitting on Karla's hospital bed. I don't know exactly what it feels like for something like this to happen to someone, but I'm sure that it's it's vey painful, especially with no family no one to turn to, it seems as if me and Toni is her only family, the only ones that has her back. I'm not dare letting her go back to her house with that child molester, she'll just have to stay with me. My parents wouldn't mind, matter of fact I'll text them now and ask.

MARIAH'S 3 WAY TEXT WITH HER PARENTS
Ma- Mariah
M- mom
D-dad

Ma-hey mom and dad

D- hey baby girl what's wrong?

M-nothing happened at school did it?

Ma- nooo nothing like that, well..Somethibg did happen but not to me

M- what happened?

Ma- my friend, Karla, she came to school today with blood all over her. She had got raped by her stepdad and I was thinking maybe she could stay with us. She don't have any other family members and I can't let her go back to him.

D- OMG is she okay. She's still at school?

M- of course she can stay. No soon I get off im going to straighten up the guest bedroom and get everything prepared for her. Poor child. What type of asshole would do that to a child. His ass going to jail.

Ma- we at the hospital. I brought her here as soon as I could, me and Toni laying with her on the hospital bed. They running test on her for disease and a pregnancy test.

Ma- Lord I hope that poor child be okay, make sure Yall take good care of her

Ma- Yes mame, we is

D- Ima get off of work a lil earlier today so make sure Yall be at home okay a at girl

Ma- yes dad

At that moment, the doctor knocked on the door and entered.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Johnson, we have just finished your lab work and your tests.
Since you are a minor we have to involve the detective police and found out who did this to you. I know it's hard but we need to know. In about 30 minutes the police will come in and question you, but as far as of right now I'm going to go over your lab results"

She walked to us and dragged the chair closer to the bed while she sat down with lab papers in her hand.
She was smooth Carmel skin completion with pink and brown thin k lips. You could tell she had weave but her hair was long, dyed gold at the end. She was really pretty, was about 5'6.

"Ok, we tested you for HIV, Aids, Herpes, gonorrhea, other sexually transmitted diseases like that, and a pregnancy test. Now there's good news and unfortunately bad news"

"What's the bad news", Karla said with tears halfway falling from her eyes

I think it's better to start off with the good news, through all of your lab work we found none sexually transmitted diseases. But, the bad news is...your pregnant