thirteen

"What?!" Karely stood up quickly as her brother took a step back with a look of surprise "what do you mean who's stiles? Stiles is stiles! Our annoying but bare-able cousin. My best friend? Spongebob to my Patrick? Thing one and two here? Ned leeds to my Peter Parker? Come on? Seriously?" She laughed softly shaking her head "I cant believe you just asked me that."

Coles head tilted as she babbled on about different random things before he swallowed and shook his head gently "Karely, we don't have any cousins. We don't know anyone named Stiles..."

Her smile and laugh faded as she focused on him again. She knew her brother like the back of her hand and she knew that this time, he really was serious. He didn't know who stiles was? Was that some sort of ghost trick or something that happens in the after life.

She hesitated before her lips parted "you mean, you really don't know who stiles is?" Her voice began to shake slightly. Her body ran cold with fear and nerves as she waited for him to answer in which he just shook his head "no. It was just me you mom, Noah and Claudia, karls."

She stepped back a little, her head shaking more in disbelief "something is really wrong. Stiles is real. He's our cousin. Noah and Claudia's son. He's the same age as us we grew up together before we moved away. He was there when you died. He was there when mom died. you have to know who he is" she could feel herself almost choking up as she saw her brother slowly fading

"I'm sorry Karley. There's no more time, I'll talk to you the next time I get to visit." And with that his voice faded along with the sight of him. "Wait cole! You have to remember. Remember him!" She let out a breath as she ran forward, stopping in her tracks and looking around "why doesn't he remember" she whispered

Karleys heart sank as many thoughts ran through her head. She was alone in a cold dark place with strangers who didn't talk or give her the right answer. She had no idea of the time. The next train. An exit route. A way to reach out for help and now, her own brother doesn't even remember the one thing she needed the most. Her cousin.

Something really was happening. And she knew it wasn't good.

***

Malia sat in class, highlighting the rest of her study book in a bright yellow colour. She kept her focus on her the words as the pen glided over them. It soon came to a stop, her eyes fixed on the one word that she couldn't seem to understand.

'Style.' She grabbed her red pen and highlighted it after hesitating for a second. She then went back to highlighting the rest of her book.

Lydia had walked in seconds before the bell rang, the teacher began talking about how impressed she was at their last quiz. "These are the papers from four weeks ago that you have all been waiting on." She placed them down one by one at each desk "a lot of you I'm very proud of. But some or you, there is still room to improve."

Malia looked down at the low grade on her paper as the teacher placed it infront of her. She growled lowly, her nails began to spout as she drilled them into the edges of her desk, turning towed as Lydia with a face full of fury who quickly lifted her own paper to distract the teacher with questions.

"Malia claws. Claws Malia!" She whispered in a hurry as the teacher walked away. Malia then faced forward and let out breath, her anger now being settled as her claws retrieved. She was still having trouble settling in and understanding different subjects after being a coyote almsot all her life.

The teacher stood tall at the front of then class before she cleared her throat "One of you must've forgotten to put your names on your paper." She lifted one up and tapped it with her pen "whoever it is your score was really high. A big well done. But a point taken for forgetting to write something as simple as your name"