Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

*back to Ella's point of view*

It's been over a month since Ive seen or heard from Lucas, many things have changed since that night in Baltimore. Ive started my new passion as a writer, and I'm moving to New York in a few months to start working as an editor. I've been writing to my mother for the past few weeks telling her I wish none of this would have happened and I also included how i met Lucas and it ended all beaacuse of this. I told her how im living with my grandmother and is going to my old school. I havent made any new friends and ive been going there for a month. Everyone who once left because of me being sad still hates me and gives me death stares. I missed my bestfrineds Ella and Haley so much. I havent spoken to either one of them assuming because I left without saying goodbye. My feelings for Lucas are still the same as they were, I miss him every single day and every minute we arent together.

I know that he's dating Brooke again, based of her status that she updates every single minute. "Hanging with the bae" or "Loving life with Lukey Pookey" is usally what her updates say. They should say "Im a bitch and I should go to hell." I didnt like that he was able to move on so fast, it hurt beacuse I cant find someone as great as Lucas. Yet he can have Brooke who is clearly better than me. It hurts like hell knowing he isnt mine anymore.

I looked around the room to all the things his family shipped over to me. I picked up a small picture frame that was once filled with old memories and old friends is now placed with a picture of me, Lucas, Ella and Haley. In other words my bestfriends took place in this very picture frame. All my other things were cluttered around the room, messy in other words. I sat up on the side of the bed and realized i was stupid. I was stupid for ever leaving Lucas's side.I decided the best thing that I needed to do was go see Lucas.

I packed my small brown bag filled with little things i needed for a week. I grabbed my bag and sneeked out the window. I headed straight to the train station,and got on the first train that was heading to Tree Hill. The train left the station moments later. I put my headphones in and closed my eyes. Memories of me and Lucas's first train ride together flashed through my mind. I remember him waking me up and us runing away together. Another memories flashed through my brain, a very unsettling memorie. It was of me on this very train alone as Lucas was on another train alone.

I was nervous to see what Lucas was gonna do when he saw me. The worst thing that could happen was him slam the door in my face and tell me to go away. I would much rather see him open the door; and run into my arms but i knew it wouldnt be that simple.I was going to his house uninvited so the worst was to be expected.

A few hours pasted and I was nothing but ready to see Lucas. As soon as we arrived I got into the first cab i could see. The yellow stinky cab was nothing but gross.I told the man the address and he knew where to go.. Watching all the road signs pass by only meant that we were getting closer. I was ready to back into my Lucas Scotts arms. As soon as we arrived at his house i paid the cab driver and walked up to the house. I rang the door bell and waited, it seemed like hours before someone was at the door.

i held my breathe as someone finally answered the door. A tall husky boy opened the door. His eyes glaced up and down my body as he spoke in shock. "Zoe?" His mouth opened wide as i spoke.

"i missed you." I as soon as the words left my mouth, I was scared to what was going to happen next. "Babe who's at the door?" An annoying sound came from upstairs. It was Brooke. Lucas walked outside to join me in the cold winter air.

"Zoe what are you doing here?" He asked as he looked around, angry.

"I missed you." I didn't know what to say because knowing Brooke was here crushed and ruined everything. "I think it's better that you leave, leave and go back to where you came from." As the words left his mouth a pain crashed into my chest. He turned around and went back inside leaving me alone. The worst things possible were happening all at once.

I went back to the train station but this time not to go back to Kansas, but to go to Manhattan.