Sneeking Out

Beatrice's POV

Right when I thought I had the answer to the rest of my life, I don't. That is very frustrating! I have to keep calm though. My selfless self. Like I'm not here. Like I don't have an answer to a question that has caused too many questions. But the one question that has kept reappearing in my mind is: 'Why me?'
----------------------------------------------
"Good night father, good night mother, good night Caleb." I said after I had finished hugging them, I left the living room to head upstairs.
"Good night Beatrice." they all said back.
"Beatrice." said Caleb also walking up the stairs trying to catch up to me. Once we were in the hallway the leads to our bedrooms, he asked me, "Beatrice, what was your aptitude result?"
"You know we aren't allowed to talk about them to any body." I said.
"Okay. I'm sorry I asked. But tomorrow, we have to think about our family, but also we have to think about ourselves." He responded. I just stared at him as he walked into his room. On his desk was books. But they weren't school books.

'Is he going to switch?' 'Where did he get those books from?' 'How did he get those books?' And many more questions formed in my mind about those books and also about what he said.

He's always seemed like the perfect selfless person, unlike me. I could never fit in here. That's why I need to meet with Tori to find my answers and to see where I belong.

But still. Why and how would Caleb get those books. He's supposed to stay. Because he's perfect for Abnegation! He's practically an Abnegation prodigy! But then again he said to also think about yourself. He's thinking about himself? He's asking me to think about myself? Ugh! This is giving me headache.

Then I remember what I have to do tonight. I have to meet Tori.

I walk into my room and start my nightly ritual. Soon I'm in my bed with my eyes open, trying not to fall asleep.
----------------------------------------------
Dong dong dong dong dong dong dong ding dong dong dong
Chimed the grandfather clock that was located downstairs. That's one of the only things we get that isn't considered selfish.

I got out from under my blanket and walked over to my small grey closet. I got out my grey slacks and headed over to the door. I silently opened my door and slipped outside. I walked down the hallway to stairs, passing my parents bedroom. Luckily they were asleep. I quickly went down the stairs and headed over to the front door.

I reached for the handle as I hear someone say my name. I turned around to see my brother Caleb with a glass of water in his hand in the dimly lit kitchen, near the counter.

"Beatrice? What are you doing?"
"Uh, I need some air. I can't sleep."
"Okay. Come back in soon. I couldn't sleep by the way too. I mean one choice will change our lives forever. I'm growing tired. I'm going to go try to go to sleep. Good night, again, Beatrice. "
"I will and I completely understand. Good night Caleb, again." I responded.

Finally I silently opened the door and went outside while my brother was walking upstairs.

When the grandfather clock rang it signaled it was 11 o'clock. Not its most likely 11:15 o'clock or so. That means I have about 45 minutes to get to Tori.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello lovelies! I hope you like this chapter. I know this part is a lot like the book but in about 2 or 3 chapters, it won't. I hope you like this story as much as I do! Goodbye 4 now! Love you and I'll update soon! ~ Maiah <4 ~