Chapter 23

As they walked out of the psychic woman's place, Raeburn and Athena had a strange fear – the fear of the unknown. Will they be torn apart once again? Or would the universe let them be together this time?

"Can I hold your hand?", he asked.

She slipped her hands into his. In that moment, everything felt right. Somewhere deep down, Athena knew she would go to the ends of the earth for him. She barely knew the universe would take that thought of hers in its literal sense. What she felt for him was so deep, strong, and complex that she began to doubt if she ever loved anyone else in her life – her parents, Ava, her pet seahorse... He was the yang to her yin. With him around, she felt complete. He drew the strings of her heart. Contrary to what pop culture implanted into people's minds about what you feel when you meet the one, Athena's heart did not race, and her hands did not tremble. She did not go weak in the knees. She felt calm in his presence.

Raeburn did not want history to repeat. Unlike before, he was unafraid to tell her what he wanted to tell her. He did not want to go through the agony of losing her without letting her know what he really felt.

Everything was heightened at this point – the feelings, the trust, the fear, the belief, the will ... Theirs was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster with ups and downs and twists and turns. 

Do vote if you like this chapter.