→ eighteen

"rinnie!" the girl with wavy hair peeled her tired eyes open, a small smile pulling at her lips when she spotted sejin in front of her

"rinnie!" the girl with wavy hair peeled her tired eyes open, a small smile pulling at her lips when she spotted sejin in front of her. "hey buddy. what's up?"

the little boy was practically vibrating with excitement, balled fists raised to his shoulders as he jumped up and down. "it's time, it's time!" doing a little spin, sejin ran through the open bedroom door and into the hallway.

hyerim found herself sitting up, letting out a rather unflattering yawn as she attempted to pat down her untamed brunette waves. within minutes the older shin sibling had tossed on an oversized, pale sage-colored hoodie and followed her brother down the hardwood steps to the dining room.

once she spotted the boy, hyerim sighed. "what? what is it time for?"

she was honestly expecting him to say something a bit childish, like wanting a toy from an ad he saw on television or something. instead, she was surprised to see him standing on a small stool before the front door to unlock and open it.

as the brunette was about to object, sejin swung the door wide open and hopped off the forgotten stool to hug his equally giggly best friend.

"sejinnie!"

"gaonnie!"

hyerim found herself unconsciously peeking around the doorframe to spot who dropped the little lee off, cheeks instantly going ablaze when her now wide eyes landed on the bright blue-haired captain of the hockey team. coincidentally, he also happened to be peeking for some adult figure to greet.

instead of curling up in a ball of embarrassment as she pleased, hyerim smiled and waved at jeno from her spot in the dining room, mentally debating whether she wanted to go outside or not. as if her feet had a mind of their own, the girl found herself boldly approaching the older lee, completely forgetting the fact that she was still in a large hoodie and the ugliest (yet comfiest) pajama pants ever made.

the second reality set in about her appearance, the poor brunette reddened in humiliation. well, part humiliation; the other part was from shamelessly admiring the sculpted structure before her that was lee jeno. and he's all m—

"hey, are you feeling okay? you look a little red..."

blinking a bit too hard, hyerim mentally slapped herself. "yep! sorry, it's a bit hot in this hoodie." a grin dawned on the boy's lips that sent arrows straight towards the younger's heart. holy cheese, i need to confess!

"sorry it took so long to visit again. gaon's been wanting to come over, but i guess you weren't feeling too well?"

"yeah, it was really bad. i even had to stay the night at the hospital." the blue-haired boy paled at the mention of the hospital. he never did get the name of the girl with matching injuries.