→ twenty-four

"stay with me, okay?" the brunette asked, head flicking from left to right as she spoke to the two seven-year-olds in front of her

"stay with me, okay?" the brunette asked, head flicking from left to right as she spoke to the two seven-year-olds in front of her. they nodded in synch and hyerim mimicked the motion, standing back up with sejin on her right and gaon on her left.

jeno had made them promise to be at his hockey game (well, technically he asked his soulmate to come and their siblings wanted to join). especially gaon, who was skipping along giddily beside hyerim.

"have you been to one of nono's games before? they're so fun! mark is really nice and buys me lots of snacks. i'm so excited!"

the elder giggled at jeno's sister's energy, wishing she would have gone to more hockey games in the past.

before long, the trio was standing to the side of the ice, waiting for one of their team's players to get the captain. a large, absentminded grin formed on the girl's face when she saw her soulmate skating effortlessly up to them. she couldn't help but admire how cool he looked, or how easy he made ice skating seem.

"you're really good at that." hyerim found herself saying, smile still apparent. jeno let out a light laugh and ran his hand through his blue hair. "years of practice. have you ever tried?"

"no way. well, once when i was 8 or 9 and fell right on my butt."

he laughed again, but this time the girl snickered along. "i'll teach you."

"it's a date."

the feeling of someone tugging her arm pulled the brunette's eyes away from her soulmate and to her right. sejin was looking up at her with big, cute eyes. "rinnie, should we get our seats? there's gonna be no more!" the elder nodded, muttering "okay," multiple times as both kids pulled on her arms.

"see you after?" she practically gasped, shooting her head in jeno's direction to try and maintain some dignity while getting dragged away by children.

"actually," the boy stammered as he fumbled to grab something behind his back, "i have something for you," hyerim used the last of her strength to stay still despite the limb tug of war happening behind her.

"i know you already asked me, but i wanted to make it more... i don't know, fancy?" the girl watched with furrowed brows as the boy with blue hair pulled out a small, slightly crumpled bouquet of daisies. "you brought me flowers?" jeno handed them over, rubbing his nape as he did. "for good luck."

she rolled her eyes, a gentle smirk kissing her delicate lips. "sure. but that means if you lose this game, we're breaking up." he mimicked the shy smile and moved a bit closer to the clear plastic barrier up to about his waist. "then i guess i can't lose."