denial... "or?"

[this chapter is a bit longer]

Miika was opening his Discord and he sees an incoming call from Tomas, he was hesitant to answer but did anyway. "Hey." Tomas says as if he were to speak to Miika for the very first time. Miika responds with a simple "Hey." "Wanna play Fortnite?" Tomas asks.
"Sure one sec lemme mute I gotta get something."
"Okay." Tomas realizes that Miika forgot to mute "O- Oh you forgot to mute-" but Miika already took off his headset and couldn't hear Tomas.
"What's that noise?" Tomas thinks to himself, but after a moment he realizes it's Miika singing. Tomas recognized the song, it was 'All Girls Are The Same' by Juice WRLD. Hearing Miika singing it, Tomas was smiling uncontrollably, his voice was so angelic.
Miika was walking back to his pc and realized he wasn't on mute that entire time, "Oh I wasn't on mute, did you hear anything?"
"Oh I- I didn't hear anything I was just listening to music" Tomas says not wanting to embarrass him.

"So... about school today..." Tomas says

"That was so weird man, I ain't into men I don't do that shit!" Miika says confidently,

Tomas follows in agreement "Yeah it was weird, our school is so gay, man we are the boys we don't do that shit."

They play Fortnite for a while and just when they're going to log off Miika asks, "Hey, would you ever date a boy though?" Tomas knowing the answer is YES but wants to say NO but at the same time if he says no and Miika WOULD date a boy then he would ruin his chances with Miika, but what guy would ever want to date a guy? That's so gay...

"I am NOT gay" Tomas said in his head.
Tomas knew what was right to say even if it wasn't the truth "Sorry you cut out, my wifi is being bad what did you say?" Tomas says which technically is not a lie since his wifi had been acting up.
"Nevermind, bye." Miika says thinking that Tomas thinks he's weird.

The whole night they were thinking of eachother non-stop. There were so many feelings being experienced...

Miika POV:

"What if he did hear me? What if he thinks I'm weird for asking that?"
I picked up my phone and went to Snapchat, I typed his name at the top bar and went the chat. "Should I say something?" This was so stupid, I'm not gay, I don't like Tomas and he doesn't like me. We only like each other as best friends. "What-?" his bitmoji just popped up on my screen... I quickly exited the chat and turned off my phone, "I should get some rest."

Tomas POV:

"Oh shit." His bitmoji was there, right at the bottom then suddenly it just disappeared. He's gonna think I'm stalking him now, I'm so stupid. Technically he was in the chat first which makes him the weird one. Were we really thinking of each other at the same time? Do I even like him? I'm not gay. I am NOT gay.
*sigh* I threw my phone onto the carpet on the floor and dug my head into my pillow.

AUTHOR🤪🤪

Tomas and Miika loved each other alright but were to scared to admit it.