1.

August 15, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Olivia Baker, CAS (Certified Addiction Specialist)

Olivia used her office key to unlock her door. Her office was placed in the heart of the city. She was pretty popular around these parts. With Los Angeles being a big, vibrant, tourist drawn city, her business was booming daily. Everyday she was booked with sessions. Her life was pretty stable. She couldn't complain and the money she made doing what she loved, was amazing.

She would never leave. This place had been so good to her and she couldn't imagine leaving.

As her door opened, the door chimes above the door sounded. Her assistant/receptionist Marie came around the corner to greet her.

"Good morning, Olivia." Marie smiled. She grabbed the boxes of papers that Olivia had in her hand.

"Good morning, Marie. How are you this morning?" Olivia asked as she freed her hands of the boxes.
"Thank you. Those boxes are so heavy." Olivia breathlessly said as she rested against the front receptionist desk.

"I don't know why you don't just leave all these papers here. It's too much to carry every day." Marie said as she sat the box of papers on her desk.

"Any calls?" Olivia asked Marie as she went to grab a cup of freshly made coffee.

"Just from Mr. Thompson. You know he calls everyday." Marie laughed.

Olivia looked back at her and gave her a look, "Girl, don't I know. He acts like I'm going to disappear or something." Olivia placed some creamer and a couple of sugars in her coffee mug before heading towards her office in the back.

"When will he be by?" Olivia asked from her office. She said her mug down on the desk and plopped down in her office chair. She placed her credentials into her computer before surfing through her emails.

"3 p.m.!" Marie yelled from the front.

Olivia didn't respond. She simply continued to look through her emails. She responded to a few before a certain one caught her eye.

"Hey, Marie. Did you see this?" Olivia asked her. She placed her hand underneath her chin as she read over the lengthy email.

"See what?" Marie asked as she circled around to where Olivia was sitting. Her eyes scanned the email as well before she moved back.

"A football player?" Marie asked Olivia as she tried to understand the email.

Olivia shrugged, "I guess so. It says his name is.."

"Spencer James." Marie finished. Olivia looked up at her. "He plays for the Chargers."

"I'm not big on football." Was all Olivia said before she hit the reply button.

"Me neither. All is know is he's my husbands favorite player. He recently got hurt though. I wonder what he needs with you?" Marie asked Olivia.

Olivia shrugged, "Your guess is as good as mine. However, I don't turn anyone away." She began typing a reply to the email.

Marie nodded, "True. So when will you squeeze him in?" She asked as she watched Olivia reply to the email.

"What do I have for this morning?"