I

CHAPTER ONE

New beginnings

     THE SUN LIT UP THE, afternoon sky; letting the rays fall through the window in a golden beauty— while the chatter of Hazel's parents, and the tweeting of the birds outside filled her ears

It was never quiet at the Clarke residence, and it was nearly impossible to find any alone time as well. But right now, Hazel had scored some; taking this sacred time to reply to some letters from her friends back at Hogwarts, before she returned for her sixth year.

Sliding the desk drawer open, she flicked through it— pulling out a neatly stacked pile of letters she had saved for this rare time, and started rummaging through them;

Dear Hazel,

I'm having an absolutely amazing time at the potters, and miss you so much. Honestly, who knew a single summer without seeing you would drive me completely mad.

Oh and, James has been asking that you help with the Lily situation, you know, since you two are so close and all.

I'm a bit offended that he chose you with such a honorable task, considering I'm definitely the favorite marauder here.

Love,
Sirius.

Scanning over the parchment, Hazel couldn't contain the small smile that crept to her lips. Leave it to Sirius to completely disregard the other four marauders, and name himself the 'favorite'.

Pushing the letter to the side, she grabbed a clean piece of parchment from the drawer— along with a quill, before beginning a letter back to him.

Dear Sirius,

I'm glad you're having fun, and I do wish I was there— but you know what my parents think about them, and sadly, I don't think I would ever be allowed to even step foot in their lawn. But I think asking would be the perfect thing to bother my mother with.

And of course James would choose me fire such a sacred task. Remember when he asked you to do it just last year; and you accidentally turn the poor girls hair bright green ! And to think you have the audacity to call yourself the favorite.

That's obviously me, I am the mischievous fox by the way ;)

Love,
Hazel

Tossing the quill to the side, Hazel neatly folded up the freshly written letter, and tucked it inside an envelope— before pushing herself up from the comfort of the wooden chair, and over to where her owl, Padfoot Jr., sat on the window sill.

   Who had been named after the one and only, Sirius Black of course.

She quickly tied the letter onto his leg, before ushering him out of the small window, and hopefully, to the Potter residence.