Prologue

Hey Kiddies, WG here. I know I haven't been on for a while and i'm sorry for that but I have been going Death Note Crazy. I finally started working on this new fanfic. L is my absolute favorite character :)

So, here it is... yeah. I'll try and stick as close to the orriginal plot as possible. Enjoy :D

L's POV: 

"Good meeting gentlemen," the chief, Soichiro Yagami, said loudly, signaling the meeting to a close.  

"Wait," I said without looking up. Now, I have to tell them now. After all, we have figured out who is truly dedicated to this case. Soichiro Yagami, Touta Matsuda, Shuichi Aizawa, and Hirokazu Ukita were the only people in the room aside from me and Watari. They were the people I could trust. I knew it. "There is a person I would like to test out. Someone who I think may be useful to the task force. I haven't seen her in a long time, and I don't know her name, but I have a picture." I held out a small picture of the girl's face. The face I had looked at ever since I discovered the circumstances of the killings in the Kira Case. 

"Why? Do you know her?" Matsuda asked, almost snatching the picture out of my hand. Chief Yagami stepped in almost immediately.  

"Matsuda!" His voice was firm and warning.  

"Sorry sir," Matsuda fell back into the chair. I handed Chief Yagami a picture.  

"We'll see what we can find on her," he said. "Do you have any idea of where we can find her?" I shrugged and took a sip of my coffee, adding three more sugar cubes for good measure.   

"The last time I saw her was years ago in the states," I remembered. 

"Why do you think she'll be useful? Is she some kind of super genius or a friend or a-" 

"Matsuda!" all of the police officers yelled in unison. I winced slightly at the noise level.  

"Just try and find her," I ordered, pushing my black hair out of my face. All of them nodded, then left the room. I sat there alone for a while, sipping the rest of my coffee, and praying that they could find her.  

Okay, so that was my short prologue. I'll get into the real story and try to update as much as possible. Luv ya ;)